Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Circumstances Require that I sell my modded 2005 Maserati Gransport. Here is your oportunity to own a dream GranSport with all the performance options, bells and whistles without spending all the time and work required to get the job done.

All the work was performed at Formula Dynamics in Las Vegas, NV with no expense spared. Yes this is the car in the pictures and yes, the car is much faster than stock. You'll know that this is a dream Maserati when you turn into that first corner with your foot to the floor and hear that distinctive and wonderful Maserati V8 at Full Throttle while she grips the road. I hate to sell it but... here goes. I'm currently taking reasonable offers and yes, I am reasonable as well. Don't pass this one up because I can guarantee that there is no other like it.

• 440 HP ( With Mods ) 90° V8 with 11:1 Compression
  • IForged Daytona 20" Wheels (Anthracite Finish)
  • Performance Sport Handling / Lowering Springs
  • Performance ECU "Flip Chip"
  • Performance Exhaust w/ Polished Tips
  • BMC Air Filter
  • Performance Race, Street and Stock Brake Pads Included
  • All Mods were Professionally Installed / Aligned
  • 285/25/-20 Rear / 245/30-20 Front Tires
  • Gransport V8 has all the structure of the most advanced racing engines with dry sump lubrication and twin overhead camshafts per cylinder bank with four valves per cylinder hydraulic tappets.
  • Top Speed 180+ mph
  • Rare GranSport Model - A True Exotic and a large improvement over the Standard Maserati Coupe
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights ( Self Leveling )
  • Carbon Fiber Package throughout
  • Infotainment CD / MP3 Player or Sony MEX-1GP Deck w/ 1GB Memory in FacePlate (+ $300)
  • Aftermarket Polk Audio Speakers Installed
  • Brembo Braking System with cross-drilled ventilating discs. Front 330 mm / Rear 310 mm, alloy four-pot callipers, Ferodo Pads, Bosch 5.7 four-channel ABS
  • SkyHook Suspension: Front and Rear - Double wishbones, continuously variable aluminium gas dampers with adaptive damping and acceleration sensors on each wheel (Skyhook system), co-axial coils and springs.
  • Transmission: Paddle Shift Operated - Mechanical six-speed Cambiocorsa transmission with electro-hydraulic operation and electronic management. A Fully Automatic Mode is also available which does not require the use of a Manual Transmission or Paddle Shifters
  • Factory Maserati Red Brembo Brake Calipers
  • Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler
  • Aluminum Passenger FootRest
  • Clean CarFax Report
  • 4 Year / 50,000 mi Factory Warranty and Roadside Assistance
  • Serviced at Penske / Wynn Ferrari Maserati and SLK Ferrari
  • 6K Mi Service was performed
  • 8-way Heated Power Seats w/ Memory
  • Dual Power Remote Heated Mirrors with Electronic Collapse Feature
  • Security System
  • 12 City / 20 Highway Miles Per Gallon
  • 23.2 Gallon Fuel Tank
  • 178" Length x 71.7" Width x 50.7" Height
  • Check out the Maserati Web Site for more details
  • Check out the Formula Dynamics Web Site for more details on Performance Mods

Only - 8000 Miles
Cambio Corsa Paddle Shift 6 Speed
0-60mph in under 4.8 sec
MSRP: $111,002
Upgrades: $12,000

Do the math and make me a fair offer.

This Maserati Gransport is a True Exotic built in the Modena Italy Ferrari Factory with many of the same options and trim. The Gransport model is much more responsive than the Standard Maserati Coupe with More HorsePower, a performance exhaust co-developed by Tubi and improved firware resulting in 35% faster Shifting from the Cambio Corsa Paddle-Shift Transmission. It also has AeroDynamic enhancements, sits 10mm lower and has a 5% Longer Final Gear Ratio for a Higher Top Speed. The Automatic mode to the Transmission makes this car an excellent choice for those of us who want the option of allowing others an easy way to drive the car without the complexity of a manual transmission or the required use of the paddle shifters. The GranSport really is the best of the best and is absolutely suitable as a daily driver. Even though it has loads of power and excellent performance, Maserati / Ferrari built this car to handle the rigors of everyday driving.

This Maserati was originally purchased at an MSRP of $111,002, with the invoice to prove it.

This Gransport has another $12,000 in performance upgrades including: IForged Wheels / Tires, Sport Handling / Lowering Springs, Performance ECU Chip, BMC Air Filter, Race and Street Brake Pads, Performance Exhaust and Polk Audio Speakers.

Note: This car was only taken on the Race Track One Time and I would recommend that the new owner give it a try at least once, this car is really setup for performance and it's the safest way to explore its capabilities.

Car is located in Las Vegas, NV

Phone: (408) 234-8063

EMail: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Right, 95% of it (if not 99%) comes from your standard Maser sales brochure... the techno-blabble and combination of how-this, how-that salesman splutter is something most of the folks here know about (and faced) already. Therefore, it does not add to a strong selling point, I'm afraid.

Now... you are asking for someone to put forward a fair offer? Well... TBH you are the one who is facing "circumstances" (whatever those might be) that are forcing the sell, so the argument goes the other way around. That is, how much do you want/expect for your GS? Not trying to be rude, just wondering... :rolleyes:

Seeing the pics... isn't this the car used by Formula Dynamics in their mods testing spree? They look familiar to me...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are many newbies on this board so a proper description of the car is appropriate, I'm afraid.

TBH, your comments are rude... and nothing has changed.

Truly Interested parties should ask any questions, then make a reasonable offer, come see the car in person and lay down the cash if they are real. Tire kickers and wanna be's need not apply.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There are many newbies on this board so a proper description of the car is appropriate, I'm afraid.

TBH, your comments are rude... and nothing has changed.

Truly Interested parties should ask any questions, then make a reasonable offer, come see the car in person and lay down the cash if they are real. Tire kickers and wanna be's need not apply.
Apologies, honestly didn't mean to be rude... it's just that you get tired of hearing all that sales brochure splutter. But there ya go. I guess the proportion of newbies here is far less than what you imagine, anyway.

And any punter on the market for this sort of car, guess has done some homework first.

Then and again, what's the issue of not saying how much you expect for the vehicle? Surely you have some sort of idea of how much you want to part from it.

In any case, your ad belongs to the classifieds section in the forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...and your comments don't belong in this thread at all.

I'm sure you have no idea how many newbies cruise this board, registered or not.

Honestly, I'm tired of people like you making negative comments on a forum thread inciting a reaction or casting a negative shadow on a sale. Re-read your posts and maybe you'll see how much of a jerk you come off as. Right off the bat you've come on with this attitude and opinions, it's really not necessary. If you have a question like that why wouldn't you just PM me?

Any why does it matter if I put too much information about the car, really? What business is it of yours? Or did I waste your time :rolleyes: Because it sounds like you've got plenty of free time to me.

This is great though, just keep pushing this to the top of the board. Can't buy publicity like this!

Again, Anyone who's genuinely interested in the car can make me a reasonable offer or contact me privately for more information.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Reasonable offer would be in the high 70k to low 80k range...

Recent eBay auctions for '05 GS with similar mileage have gone as low as low 70k. Autotrader ads current running in the mid to high 70k's, course those are asking prices.

·
Registered
660 Posts
...and your comments don't belong in this thread at all.
Who says? You? Didn't know you owned or are admin of the forum...

I'm sure you have no idea how many newbies cruise this board, registered or not.
Bet you do... member from Feb 2006 and only 17 posts, you can hardly be considered someone who cruises this place routinely... or who contributes to the community.

Honestly, I'm tired of people like you making negative comments on a forum thread inciting a reaction or casting a negative shadow on a sale.
I think I'm entitled (as everyone else, yourself included) to cast my opinion, whether you like it or not.

Re-read your posts and maybe you'll see how much of a jerk you come off as.
In the same way as someone posting a sale outside the classifieds section, which has a reason to be, I believe. Do you read the forum rules? No, you don't seem to be around quite often...

Right off the bat you've come on with this attitude and opinions, it's really not necessary. If you have a question like that why wouldn't you just PM me?
I think it is my privilege to come out with whatever opinions I want.

Any why does it matter if I put too much information about the car, really? What business is it of yours? Or did I waste your time :rolleyes: Because it sounds like you've got plenty of free time to me.
Does it matter? Then, I do agree I'm wasting too much time on this thread, though...

This is great though, just keep pushing this to the top of the board. Can't buy publicity like this!
See, you have to appreciate the benefits... :D

Enough with this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Enough with this.
Ahhh... that's better. Off goes the riff raff. Now on with the content of the thread!

Recent eBay auctions for '05 GS with similar mileage have gone as low as low 70k. Autotrader ads current running in the mid to high 70k's, course those are asking prices. Reasonable offer would be in the high 70k to low 80k range...
So there you go... decide what the mods are worth and you have an idea of what it'll cost to own it. The market will determine it's worth, not me. I just need to decide then if it's worth more for me to keep it.

Thanks for watching the Troesma channel :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought you were gone, but since you're not...

And your point is? I didn't list a dealer classified, I didn't market my "products" and I didn't personally attack you. You attacked my thread and I responded.

BTW, I love the way you just edited out the part where you called me a jerk in your post, real nice...

·
Registered
74 Posts
LV-Gransport....sorry to rain on your parade, but have a GS selling update of my own. I ran my 2005 auction on eBay last week, and it hit reserve with selling price of $71,999. Buyer came (or was supposed to come today) to pick it up, then backed out. The perils of eBay. Anyways, I'm getting ready to run it again on eBay. If nothing else, this may give you some fresh pricing data. Of course, mine is completely stock, so presumably, your mods would be worth a good bit more.
Those of you looking for a non-modded GS.....PM me.
Good luck on your sale LV.....very pretty car.

Steve

·
Registered
128 Posts
a hoe with miles vs. virgins

in my 10 years of buying and selling Luxury and Exotic cars w/ performance upgrades + the highest of high end wheels . . .
"aftermarket mods" are worth nothing.

that car is worth 75k tops

my 2 pennies

·
Registered
660 Posts
I thought you were gone, but since you're not...

And your point is? I didn't list a dealer classified, I didn't market my "products" and I didn't personally attack you. You attacked my thread and I responded.

BTW, I love the way you just edited out the part where you called me a jerk in your post, real nice...
OK, last one (you're asking for it). Yep, true, I called you a jerk and after a quick thought I believe there is no point in getting personal and pick the glove you've thrown at me, it was a mistake, and thus I rectified it very quickly BTW. No shame in admitting it.

As for getting personal, you are the one who seems to take it on personal.

About the rest, again, it's just a matter of opinion and a simple read of the forum rules. But whatever. Hope you are lucky with your sale. That has nothing to do with my opinions, for which I stand.

Ciao.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
LV-Gransport....sorry to rain on your parade, but have a GS selling update of my own. I ran my 2005 auction on eBay last week, and it hit reserve with selling price of $71,999. Buyer came (or was supposed to come today) to pick it up, then backed out. The perils of eBay. Anyways, I'm getting ready to run it again on eBay. If nothing else, this may give you some fresh pricing data. Of course, mine is completely stock, so presumably, your mods would be worth a good bit more.
Those of you looking for a non-modded GS.....PM me.
Good luck on your sale LV.....very pretty car.

Steve
Appreciate it Steve, good luck with your sale as well. EBay is a good way to get alot of visibility on a car, but maybe not the place to get the highest dollar or a quality buyer ( unless it's the first to be released model like when the new Z06's came out for $20K above MSRP... ouch!).

FWIW, I've sold a lot of high end cars like many others on this forum and it just takes time to find the right buyer. I'd like to get it sold for a fair market value. No more, no less.

As far as the mods go, I'll go ahead and take you off my buyer list then MrTheKid ;) . But seriously they are worth something to buyers. Especially when it's performed by professionals and not a garage hack or whatever. Otherwise, all those DINAN and other Cars wouldn't sell for for what they do sell for. I have personally paid more for cars that had modifications as long as I know that they were performed right. I assume many others on this thread have done the same, thus they have posted that it is worth more.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well said and true..

in my 10 years of buying and selling Luxury and Exotic cars w/ performance upgrades + the highest of high end wheels . . .

that car is worth 75k tops

my 2 pennies

the very painfull reality, Mods can often be a liability when it comes to selling a car. Perhaps a single digit percentage of the population is interested in mods.

Just thought i'd give the seller a BUMP

·
Registered
201 Posts
Take a deep breath everyone.

You need a bunny:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have to agree with "thekid" on this point. Many people feel there $10k aftermarket wheels add $10k to the price. If they don't have the original wheels, it drops it $10k in my book (or cost of replacement wheels).

Also, your car with the performance mods now has zero warranty.

Anyway, best of luck with the sale, it does look sweet :)

-dsd

1 - 20 of 56 Posts