Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got sticky and melted? can't get ride of the sticky stuff on them used googone, water, nail polish removal but still peeling and very sticky?
had anyone faced this problem?
any good source to find replacement?
thanks

·
Registered
793 Posts
what was the leather cleaner you used?

if it had that dramtic effect upon the plastic what's it doing to the leather?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but I think that the damage is

not fixable so i need to find new parts, any ideas about a good place?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I remember seeing a supplier that was selling a carbon fiber replacement for the AC vents and the center dash panel. Would be cool (no pun) :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
I remember seeing a supplier that was selling a carbon fiber replacement for the AC vents and the center dash panel. Would be cool (no pun) :D
Yup, that's Leo Nardo... you don't want to check how much they cost, really... :D

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
648 Posts
The Leo Nardo A/C vents are $1500 !!!!!!! I've been searching for someone that can make them for a couple hundred. I can't imagine they sold many at that price.

Read the thread on sticky interiors. I've re-done my 2 front outside vents and they are like new. Oven off. let soak. rub hard with cotton towel to get the rubber coating off - need elbow grease even with the oven off. Clean with back to black. get all grease off. Spray in 3-4 very light coats of plastic spray paint with rubber texture - Lowes for $8.

Comes out better than new.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Leo Nardo A/C vents are $1500 !!!!!!! I've been searching for someone that can make them for a couple hundred. I can't imagine they sold many at that price.

Read the thread on sticky interiors. I've re-done my 2 front outside vents and they are like new. Oven off. let soak. rub hard with cotton towel to get the rubber coating off - need elbow grease even with the oven off. Clean with back to black. get all grease off. Spray in 3-4 very light coats of plastic spray paint with rubber texture - Lowes for $8.

Comes out better than new.
Maybe Ali can get the dude that makes the spoilers to try this one out... need some spare vents to use as master die... I even think Leo Nardo uses your original sets and coats them in CF, as they keep the OEM stuff...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any other sites for vent parts?

prices are per each vent not per 2 vents, is this reasonable?
any other stores for parts?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
dealer prices

My local Mas dealer quoted outer vents @ $100 ea. & inner vents over that, but check with your dealer. Prices seem to vary....;) My local Mas dealer quoted outer vents @ $100 ea. & inner vents over that, but check with your dealer. Prices seem to vary....;)
Chromed rings are not sold separatelyly. (package deal)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts