Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and happy Holidays.

Took my Spyder 04, CC, for a drive, normal speed. Yellow light - check engine appeared. Stoped the car. Restarted the engine. Yellow light still there.
Friend of mine has a code reader. Checked the code, it said 3 cylinder misfired. Codes were cleared. Light is gone, car is runing great.
What should I do? And wich one is the number 3?
Michael.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If the code cleared and did not come back it means the fault is not currently present. Give the car an Italian tune up.
If you look at the injectors or coils I think they should have numbers on them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bit of bad gas maybe, even the high grades from the best stations aren't perfect. One bad cycle would cause a single misfire, if it has not returned I would just check the plug and go on your way. Maybe have a look at the fuel filter.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
This really is nothing to worry about unless the code continues to return. Have them cleared drive it around for a bit more and check it again after a few weeks.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff
Formula Dynamics

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Make sure you are buying good premium fuel, Shell VPower, Amoco BP Premium, etc. Also do not add octane booster to your car, especially NOS with MHT, it will clog your cats up so quick and throw all sorts of codes...
Otherwise, drive it and let us know what happens...

This really is nothing to worry about unless the code continues to return. Have them cleared drive it around for a bit more and check it again after a few weeks.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff
Formula Dynamics

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Nothing to worry about, most likely. Mine pops off misfire codes about once every 2-3 months, dealer couldn't find anything causing it, so I just reset them and drive on!

Since it is always at startup, I just attribute it to a glitch in the misfire detection software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts