Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are both mirrors supposed to adjust when in reverse? Only my right side is adjusting downward when the car is in reverse. I tried to reposition the mirror when in reverse but it didn’t hold and just stayed in that position when put back in drive.

16 GT Sport

·
Registered
728 Posts
This will be a mixed bag answer....my 2016 is the same as yours...but others will post on here that you can have them both adjust....I have yet to figure out how....let's see what they say on here...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Are both mirrors supposed to adjust when in reverse? Only my right side is adjusting downward when the car is in reverse. I tried to reposition the mirror when in reverse but it didn’t hold and just stayed in that position when put back in drive.

16 GT Sport
2013 GT Sport, Passenger side only on mine.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Passenger side only on my car also ( 2013 ). Is there a menu option ( if so, in which sub-menu ) that allows you to enable or disable that feature ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I read in a thread around here that some folks have adjusted both mirrors... so really curious what’s up. Pretty nice feature.

Passenger side only on my car also ( 2013 ). Is there a menu option ( if so, in which sub-menu ) that allows you to enable or disable that feature ?
No enable/disable button, however, once you’re in reverse, set the position of the mirror to match the non reverse position, and you’ve essentially disabled it.

·
Super Moderator
4,039 Posts
Passenger side. I understand it can be changed from the diagnostic tool. Well it would seem logical that it can.....

C

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wait what?! I have a 2014 and neither of mine adjust downward. Is there a setting somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait what?! I have a 2014 and neither of mine adjust downward. Is there a setting somewhere?
While in reverse, adjust the right mirror downward and it should be saved for next time you go to reverse. When you go back to drive, it repositions to the drive position. Thinking it's only for the right mirror though...

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
There are numerous one way streets in cities here where you can parallel park on both sides of the street, so having the driver’s mirror dip also would have been beneficial . The therory that it’s not needed because your visibility of the curb is ( ostensibly ) a lot better being much closer and peeking down from your window is sufficient, does not necessarily work for everyone ; there are a lot of cars with driver side curb rash on their wheels do disprove that theory ..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was looking at the instructions for adjusting the mirrors in reverse and also discovered that they will fold in while parked (by turning the button). I didn't even realize it had this feature but the car is still somewhat new to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts