Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
OT: if the reserve is not met, but you are the highest bidder at closing, can the seller (change his mind and reduce the 'reserve' and) force the bidder to complete the auction?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I custom made the floor mats for that car.

It's a beauty of a car.

Entire car was plastic clear coated by Sam at Premier in Fremont, CA.

·
Registered
793 Posts
What is that, and why?
Clear coat is a 3M plastic film that prevents rock chips. Sam at Premier in Fremont is the expert on this.

I have a few chips I need cleaned up and then i'll have Sam do my 360.

The owner of the MC-12 realized the value of the car and did not want any paint chips.

He has an Enzo (and 5 other cars) as well but I am not sure if he had that completely coated.

What's interesting about the MC-12 is that the MC-12 carpets are almost the mirror image to the Enzo which we have done as well.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
After seeing those photos I feel out of touch. I never knew the roof was removable like the F50s. Literally I think that is first photo I've seen with the car's roof off.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have to say that it is a better looking car than an Enzo, and the blue/white color scheme is very attractive.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Clear coat is a 3M plastic film that prevents rock chips. Sam at Premier in Fremont is the expert on this.

I have a few chips I need cleaned up and then i'll have Sam do my 360.
Paint chips are inevitable, I could understand this if he's planning to drive it on a gravel road to his house or something. Personally I'd rather be able to see the lovely paint finish on the car. Each to his own!

Even when installed well, the film will eventually yellow and dirt will get under the edges.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
as well, i wonder how they apply it on all those fins or louvres...
or even around the emblem on the side..

what about when it is time to peel it off?... would that do more damage to the paint?

·
Registered
793 Posts
as well, i wonder how they apply it on all those fins or louvres...
or even around the emblem on the side..

what about when it is time to peel it off?... would that do more damage to the paint?
I understand it was almost two full days of work. Sam is the one to ask.

It does come off with proper water soaking. It would be a tedious project however.

·
Registered
286 Posts
OT: if the reserve is not met, but you are the highest bidder at closing, can the seller (change his mind and reduce the 'reserve' and) force the bidder to complete the auction?
hell i would love that i could flip that car for way more than one million.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hell i would love that i could flip that car for way more than one million.
wasnt it posted here a few months ago they were still looking for takers for the MC 12 Corsa? that would have been a more limited and more 'collectible' car, and it was about 1M euro.

·
Registered
793 Posts
wasnt it posted here a few months ago they were still looking for takers for the MC 12 Corsa? that would have been a more limited and more 'collectible' car, and it was about 1M euro.
Not sure about its listing here but for certain there are very few MC-12's in the US.

I heard only 3 MC-12's are in the US, but I have no validation of that.

Don't know difference of the "Corsa" unless that's an actual raced car and if so would not be much good here because it would not be smog legal.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Not sure about its listing here but for certain there are very few MC-12's in the US.

I heard only 3 MC-12's are in the US, but I have no validation of that.

Don't know difference of the "Corsa" unless that's an actual raced car and if so would not be much good here because it would not be smog legal.
google mc12 corsa if you don't know the difference.

there are 50 MC 12's in the world. 12 Corsa's.
not sure if the collector cares about smog legal.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
But the big question is, how many cup holders?

I saw one at the factory in Modena in the lobby/showroom area. Quite a spectacular automobile...

Rick

·
Registered
530 Posts
There's one @ FMSV also - belongs to the owner (along with his Schumacher Signed Enzo, '53 King of the Belgians Superamerica, and AMG 65 V-12 Kompreessordaily driver).

I'd hate to parallel park the bastard tho :D

That's 2 of 3 where's the other?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts