Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
2002 Coupe GT with 18000 miles; original clutch, brakes etc. (just put a new battery in it - finally)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Well...

As of Christmas Eve I had 52120.0 miles on mine.. It's running as it always has without problems....

·
Registered
203 Posts
40k, one clutch, one battery. Car runs great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
25,000 miles, original clutch, runs like a dream.

·
Registered
329 Posts
(Ciao' Tony ....)

I just added 1000 miles to my 02 Coupe - (now at 19,100 miles) got 19 MPG and drove 80/85 - 90/95MPH (I confess some 3 digit speeds were involded) the whole trip.

1007 miles on 52 gallons (19.3 MPG) on this last cannon ball run to the Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
237 Posts
2006 GS, 15K miles....and all's well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
High Mileage

Thanks for your replies regarding miles.Still trying to get a feel for the life cycle of the car [(the engine) although the interior appears that it will last forever]. Wondering why I don't see many 02s with higher mileage. Is there another car that uses (or used) the same engine and if so how has that one performed over time?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have seen a couple of 2002 cars with 70K+ miles - they were on Indie dealer lots.

On this board:
Nomorejags has around 75K miles
Kbrookings has 74K miles

The basic engine platform is used on the F430 and the Alfa Romeo 8C. Engine reliability would be the least of my concerns for these cars.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My former 03 Coupe was sold with 31K miles on the clock.
My current 06 GS has 5.4K miles on the clock.

Have seen/been driven in a 3200 manual (2000 model) with 142K miles done... and running without a problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Miles

What are some of the miles on your coupes? Haven't seen many coupes with high miles yet . . . .
02 Spyder with 35500 miles on it. Use it every day for work and not let me down once in the 16000 miles I've done. Initially I was worried about putting miles on it, but now I just drive it, enjoy it and have great pleasure in telling people how reliable it is.

I really do think the more often you use it, the more reliable it will be over a car driven once a week.

CJ

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
more miles . . . .

Because of the relatively recent introduction of the Masers newer coupes
(2002), there is very little history regarding mileage and prefered mods.
Accordingly, I am still compiling a log to assess maintenance issues, prefered mods and the like.
As part of my compilation, I'd like to know your mileage (preferably high) and the mods you have made on your baby to date.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

I have 39k on 02 cambio.
considering:

tires
ecu
exhaust and pipe
springs
paint . . . this spring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts