Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing my quest for understanding and also as a history lesson, I'd like to know just how many dashboards did the Merak have. I've attached three pictures, the first seems to be the original first dashboard by Citroen SM, the second seems like the "SS" version (also described as such in the Parts Manual) and the third one which seems it came from the Bora or Ghibli?

Someone who knows more please explain. Because some cars with the third dashboard also have the "SS" badge at the rear... so does that mean the "SS" version came with two different dashboards?

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, the first is the early citroen dash.
The second was an after that. I believe for a short time. I have never seen a US one with this dash, it might have been a late Citroen or just after Citroen sold Maserati.
The last one is the post Citroen dash which came out of the Bora. I believe they are all SS ones, (the later cars ...except the Euro only 2 litre cars).

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maseratiguy, thanks I'll do some more digging on this.

BigFoot, it is easy to spot a fake "SS", since the real ones are "Typo 122A" while the non-SS ones are just "Typo 122".

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi guys,
As far as I know, there are four different dashboards on the Merak:

(1) The first version with the SM dashboard;
(2) the early Euro-spec SS models with the "square" dashboard;
(3) a variant of (2) used on the 2000GT models, but with the oval main instruments (by Jaeger) from the SM; and
(4) the Bora-derived dashboard used in all RHD models, US SS models, and later Euro-spec SS models.:autofahrer:

Cheers,
Gabriel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts