Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with retrofitting a memory seat, or adding the memory feature, to the driver's seat in a 2005 GS?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Seats

Does anyone have any experience with retrofitting a memory seat, or adding the memory feature, to the driver's seat in a 2005 GS?
I replaced both memory front seats with heated memory front seats. Was literally plug and play. I think the wiring is in place as standard, so shouldn't be a problem.

Seats in and out is about ten minutes with an allen key, but don't forget to unplug the connectors if there are any on your old seats.

CJ

·
Registered
36 Posts
Crapjokes,

So you replaced the entire seat to add seat warmers? How much were the seats and where did you get them? I assume you were able to match your interior color.
Thanks.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
to solve your memory seat issue:
do not let anyone else drive your GS.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
to solve your memory seat issue:
do not let anyone else drive your GS.
True even with the memory seats, since their "memory" is suspect. Mine definitely have Alzheimer's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
...Mine definitely have Alzheimer's.
Mine too. it happens many times when I fold down the seat for back passenger. I make it get the memory back by repeating the folding action a few times. Sometimes have to shut down the engine and turn on again.
pganmol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Seat replacement

Crapjokes,

So you replaced the entire seat to add seat warmers? How much were the seats and where did you get them? I assume you were able to match your interior color.
Thanks.

-Rob
Hi Rob - got a full matching blue interior on Ebay for £325 including door cards and carpet out of a 2000 mile Spyder :)

Sold my seats and still have spare door cards and virtually brand new carpet (black) in case anyone needs them in the future.

Cost me about £100 for heated seats when you look at it that way !

CJ

·
Registered
160 Posts
memory seats

I have 04 Coupe and have had memory seat issues for years. I have had the memory modules replaced twice. If you are under warranty ask the dealer to replace them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts