Maserati Forum banner

Mechanical Seat Tilt Troubleshooting

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  shughes 
#1 ·
I need to troubleshoot the mechanical seat tilt on both on my seats in my 03 Coupe.

I do not believe the levers are broken because when you slide one of them the one on the opposite side of the seat moves as well.

Also when you move the levers it does sound like something is moving or releasing at the bottom of the seat even though you cannot push the seat back forward.

What exactly should be happening with the movement of the lever and what needs to be done to gain access to the inside of the seat back to troubleshoot?

#3 ·
I have never had one of these apart, but generally with stuff like that a cable is stretched or out of adjustment causing it not to release...As far as the seat back you generally have hog ring clip holding the leather together at the bottom...Post a pic and I'll try to get you in the right direction...Jason

#5 ·
Update:

I have fixed the passenger side seat. While I did not get great photos of the fix it was pretty easy once the seat was apart.

There are basically 2 cables that run down each side of the seat between the manual release levers and the lach mechanisms on each side of the lower seat back.

These cables just slide over a stud and pull up when the manual lever is operated which allows the lach mechanisms to release.

All that holds these cables on the stud is a washer like clip.

One of my clips had fallen off allowing the cable to come off the stud.

Both cables need to operate properly for the seat to release and fold forward.

Im hoping the drivers side will be the same issue and I will try to grab better photos.

I do have these showing the seat apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.