Maserati Forum banner

Mechanic Recommendations in Austin TX Area?

2K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  RatBags 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Very close to closing a deal on a 2005 Gransport, however, the local Maserati dealership will not work on it because it's older than 2008 and they "don't have the software" or something like that. Ferrari said they might be able to work on it as long as their computers can talk to it. There are some smaller local shops that may not be very versed on Maserati and specifically on the Gransport. I am less likely to want to allow them to service it.

Does anyone know of any Maserati mechanics in the area? Need someone who can do the big ticket items like clutch replacement, heater core, all the normal stuff on a GS. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Definitely not Luxury Autoworks. I took my car there to get it serviced because they said they had a Maserati mechanic. They wanted $2.5k to 'diagnose' why my convertible top did not operate. Before I left I showed them how with one button the top opens and closes. (I didn't end up letting them service the car) I also tried Moorespeed but they really do long restoration work, not servicing, and the guy never called back. I also tried another place on 183 but it looks a bit shady and they didn't call back either. Looking like I will have to do the service myself at this stage. If you find somebody reputable then please do post it here. I will do the same.

#3 ·
I talked to EuroFed and they suggested Mario from Mario Motorsports in Cedar park. Is that the one near 183? That seems to be the only other shop that seemed to know the car and have the experience to do it. Ferrari Austin said if their computer hooks up they might be able to as well.

#9 ·
Those are the guys that quoted me about $9,300 to do a clutch job on the car. I thought it was really high but another shop quoted between $9-12k depending on best and worst case scenario.
I talked to EuroFed and they suggested Mario from Mario Motorsports in Cedar park. Is that the one near 183? That seems to be the only other shop that seemed to know the car and have the experience to do it. Ferrari Austin said if their computer hooks up they might be able to as well.
No, I will try and locate them again. I will give Mario a try.

#5 ·
I been watching a youtube channel, normalguysupercar, he is in the Austin area, and he references a mechanic who may seem a bit rough around the edges, but I think he is very good. I have never used and/or have any affiliation, but below is a link to one if the videos he is in and his website. Hope this helps.

#17 ·
I live in Dallas and while you’re probably 3 hours away…you should come up here and try Norwoods Auto Italia. They’re probably one of the best shops in the country that is relatively close to you and would be worth the trip.

If you’re looking for a dealer, I’ve had some minor problems with Boardwalk Ferrari/Maserati ( in 2010 they backed a new four-five-eight into my passenger door, the young valet guy broke my key fob and last year, the tech dropped a suspension component on my left fender) they do make it right in the end and the techs are really good..but you’ll pay for it.

Check out Norwood’s and ping me in the area if you come up.

Kindly,
Stephen

#22 ·
Btw I found another shop in Leander near you. I was wondering if this is the particular shop that you thought was shady or not.

HD Motorsports? They gave me a pretty reasonable quote to do the annual service. All fluids and fliters, visual and computer inspection, etc. About $2k ... the biggest ticket item is the Post Purchase Inspection. Absent that, it would be about $1,300. Still will check with Ferrari as I may bring it to them first.

#27 ·
It was about $1,100 without some other things I did. All fluids and filters. I also had a small leak in oil sump reservoir lead, had belt and tensioner changed, full post purchase inspection, clutch reading, and etc. All of which was quite a bit more.

The control arm job would be done by VPS where the arms need removing and sending to Slovenia to be cnc machined and upgraded. That job is about $2,300 to VPS alone. Beats $13,000 for new arms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.