Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after owning the MC20 for over a month, I can say that this car is great in so many ways. It's way better than I expected and is truly a drivers car. It seems like Maserati tuned it well for track use as it's amazing and very confidence inspiring when you make those sharp turns. I can tell you from my experience that if you have one coming to you then you will be pleasantly surprised about how good this car actually is. The more I drive it the more I appreciate it.
The only weak part of this car is the exhaust note. It's not terrible and some may love it but I just expect a bit more drama from the exhaust coming from Ferrari's and Lambos. It's more like a 911 Turbo S type of sound.
The interior is simple yet very effective and you have everything that you will ever need and it all flows well. You can figure out how everything works within 5 minutes. It's super simple.
I just came across this review which sums up the car really well. Everything he says in it is true. Final thoughts. Maserati knocked it out of the park with this one (y)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks Dane for all the details!
It’s helpful to hear impressions from a real-world owner versus a professional reviewer who spends perhaps an hour with the car. It’s also reassuring to me that the wait will be worth it 😎

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dane for all the details!
It’s helpful to hear impressions from a real-world owner versus a professional reviewer who spends perhaps an hour with the car. It’s also reassuring to me that the wait will be worth it 😎
Yes, you are going to love how this thing drives and handles.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,716 Posts
I fully expected this would be a great handling car.. 3,300 lbs light* and a state of the art suspension ,50/50 weight distribution ( too bad about not having carbon ceramic brakes, weight off the rotating mass makes a huuuuuuge difference ) should put it up there with the best of them . Can’t wait to see the first Nurburgring result, that’s the epitome of any car‘s test ( IMO ) .

* sure it’s no Lotus-like featherweight but 3,300 lbs by current standards is still a pretty light / agile car ..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fully expected this would be a great handling car.. 3,300 lbs light* and a state of the art suspension ( too bad about not having carbon ceramic brakes, weight off the rotating mass makes a huuuuuuge difference ) should put it up there with the best of them . Can’t wait to see the first Nurburgring result, that’s the epitome of any car‘s test ( IMO ) .

* sure it’s no Lotus -like featherweight but 3,300 lbs by current standards is still a pretty light / agile car ..
Yes, it feels very light and agile. It does come with carbon ceramic brakes.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,858 Posts
Great review, Dane. Keep it coming!

I hope Maserati does as great of a job on the upcoming new Granturismo as they did on the MC20.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,858 Posts
If the exhaust note is your only complain about the car then im sure some brand will come up with exhaust modifications for this car
Novitec is already working on one. I heard rumors of Akrapovic doing so as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my MC20 delivered last night. After putting 100 miles on it today, the button to open the passenger side door has failed. We are having to use the door flap to manually open. Have there been any others with this issue?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’ve had no issues with opening or closing, just one single, minor issue with the car, which happened to be the passenger’s door…it needed an adjustment so that it would close tighter. Over bumps or cobbles, there was a slight banging sound. Took a half hour and was tightened up so there’s no more issue. In 700 miles, it’s the only thing that has popped up, and you had to listen hard for it to even notice it.

signed: very happy MC20 owner 😎

·
Registered
1 Posts
So subsequent to possessing the MC20 for more than a month, I can say that this vehicle is perfect in such countless ways. It's way better compared to I expected and is really a drivers vehicle. It seems like Maserati tuned it well for track use as it's astonishing and very certainty moving when you make those sharp turns. I can let you from my experience that know if you make them come to you then you will be agreeably shocked about how great this vehicle really is. The more I drive it the more I feel a debt of gratitude.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well said, and I agree…I had similar thoughts after driving my car today (first time in several days due to rain). It’s such an easy driver, that it’s very comfortable living with it. I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about what car is/would be a better “all around” car, and it’s quite hard to think of one. That’s not to say certain Ferrari’s aren’t flashier or an Huracan isn’t edgier, but overall I feel very fortunate to be able to drive an MC20, and to date, there’s not another car within $100k that I’d trade it for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my MC20 delivered last night. After putting 100 miles on it today, the button to open the passenger side door has failed. We are having to use the door flap to manually open. Have there been any others with this issue?
I was able to troubleshoot the door. If you hit the button 3 times, it will unlatch the door. Huge relief it isn’t a long term issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
So subsequent to possessing the MC20 for more than a month, I can say that this vehicle is perfect in such countless ways. It's way better compared to I expected and is really a drivers vehicle. It seems like Maserati tuned it well for track use as it's astonishing and very certainty moving when you make those sharp turns. I can let you from my experience that know if you make them come to you then you will be agreeably shocked about how great this vehicle really is. The more I drive it the more I feel a debt of gratitude.
I agree with you. The more I drive mine, the more I connect with it. The biggest issue is the lack of exhaust note it puts out. It’s a catch 22 though…I came from a Huracan which had such a deep growl. The Huracan was amazing for 30-45 minute spins around town, but I felt beat up after. My wife hated it. The MC20 is such a smooth clean ride…and makes a five hour road trip enjoyable! My wife actually will ask if we can take the MC20 due to the comfort.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the updates guys, really need that to keep my interest level up for this 6-7 month wait lol. Any more details you could provide, and pictures, would be much appreciated! To put things in context, other cars you considered cw the mc20 and other sports cars you own/owned is also helpful. I'm still waiting to test an Artura, not really sure anything else I'd consider in the price range is a direct competitor?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree with you. The more I drive mine, the more I connect with it. The biggest issue is the lack of exhaust note it puts out. It’s a catch 22 though…I came from a Huracan which had such a deep growl. The Huracan was amazing for 30-45 minute spins around town, but I felt beat up after. My wife hated it. The MC20 is such a smooth clean ride…and makes a five hour road trip enjoyable! My wife actually will ask if we can take the MC20 due to the comfort.
I agree. The only negative is the exhaust note. But with that said, it’s great for aggressive romps on a windy road, totally usable to daily drive to work, and I wouldn’t hesitate to take it on a 4 hour road trip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts