992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This website tends to have some really good videos on the MC20:

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is one with the actual sound (you will be disappointed)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will admit this guy does his design recommendations in his video....I LIKE his final version better:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting take on how certain cars "may" have been swapped out...worth a watch:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
His final rendition might look better, but there is no telling how his small changes would drastically affect the overall handling of this car!
I'm sure that trunk lid spoiler has consumed about 18 Trillion dollars in research and development to look the way it does...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
His final rendition might look better, but there is no telling how his small changes would drastically affect the overall handling of this car!
I'm sure that trunk lid spoiler has consumed about 18 Trillion dollars in research and development to look the way it does...
I agree, and I wonder how the changes to the side would affect the butterfly doors.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do LIKE his drawing of the rear spoiler being more "pronounced" - looks a bit sharper

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The options package include an additional carbon fiber rear spoiler...
Never liked the look of added a Carbon Spoiler....I like the clean natural look of a painted rear boot. But I liked the artists rendition of a spoiler that is more pronounced in its natural color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
meh.... sure you can do an art project as purely a styling exercise.... Maserati has taken the right path here IMO that this car must stack up on the track against its rivals (mclaren, Vette, etc...) you can not ignore physics and style your way to lap times.

save the compromise for the sake of art for the grocery getter G.T. replacement.

maserati has been very honest about the styling vs downforce targets and the compromise required.

They knocked it out of the park IMO

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
meh.... sure you can do an art project as purely a styling exercise.... Maserati has taken the right path here IMO that this car must stack up on the track against its rivals (mclaren, Vette, etc...) you can not ignore physics and style your way to lap times.

save the compromise for the sake of art for the grocery getter G.T. replacement.

maserati has been very honest about the styling vs downforce targets and the compromise required.

They knocked it out of the park IMO
I'm loving the styling myself, it's clean and uncluttered, especially the interior. It's the sound that's driving me nuts :eek:
Until someone does an aftermarket exhaust and gets rid of that damn Dyson sound...
Anyway, I know it's more about the performance numbers with manufacturers, than the sound a car is emitting. So it will just have to grow on me.

I had a dream that the MC20 had a NA V-10 in it...then I had to wake up and slap myself :LOL:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm loving the styling myself, it's clean and uncluttered, especially the interior. It's the sound that's driving me nuts :eek:
Until someone does an aftermarket exhaust and gets rid of that damn Dyson sound...
Anyway, I know it's more about the performance numbers with manufacturers, than the sound a car is emitting. So it will just have to grow on me.

I had a dream that the MC20 had a NA V-10 in it...then I had to wake up and slap myself :LOL:

I agree 100%.....Well Said

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes, i was responding to that video of the guy trying to restyle just one line of sight and eliminate one aero element. i don't like that idea of changing how it is. you have to look at the car from more than profile to appreciate it, (well from pictures at least - yet to see it in person) and eliminating that aero element would ruin the flow and styling of the rest of the car, that would need to be eliminated to make the styling work - and then you have an art project that cant perform and get de-rated on performance relaties.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts