Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
The music is unfortunately unnecessary, but it lets a nice exhaust sound shine through.

Exhaust sound, I thought this was an electric car?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Car looks amazing in person and in pictures. Honestly, it has such a unique, but not overly aggressive design. Personally I love the wheels. Proper supercars should get wheels that are unique to it, and not derivative eg 5 spokes.

Interior is minimalistic... Personally I wish for a huracan Evo style dash stack. But I can sleep at how fiddly that is too.

I'll probably get one in a couple years

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Lol yeah like wait 2 years and buy an MC12 For 200k. Not a chance. This car is limited...
Ya, Right. Limited to Hollywood.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Lol yeah like wait 2 years and buy an MC12 For 200k. Not a chance. This car is limited...
You are comparing the MC20 to MC12? MC12was and still is an icon… i seriously think MC20 will not be on that same level

i feel they were designing a new alfa romeo and ended up badging it as Maserati

·
Registered
769 Posts

i feel they were designing a new alfa romeo and ended up badging it as Maserati
I think you are mistaken on that... That car has Maserati all over it.
Perhaps discussions at FCA involved Alfa Romeo at some point in time, but likely at an early stage, and surely well before the development of the MC20 specifically started in earnest sometime in 2019(?).

·
Registered
645 Posts
I think you are mistaken on that... That car has Maserati all over it.
Perhaps discussions at FCA involved Alfa Romeo at some point in time, but likely at an early stage, and surely well before the development of the MC20 specifically started in earnest sometime in 2019(?).
Right on....either way you slice it, the car is awesome, and it's only the 1st gen. I imagine they have power bumps, hybridized, and even more powerful variants in store. Love. Love. Love the styling all around.

6,896 Posts
These halo cars are cool and get you on all the magazine covers etc., look at a Ford GT...Ford hardly builds the car...It is good marketing, but not really an indicator of what exactly what they plan on doing overall as a manufacture....Jason

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why so much negativity on this amazing car? I applaud Maserati for taking the risk and building it. Looks and engine sound are individual taste and I get it if someone personally doesn’t find it appealing. Bottom line, you have a a new car design from a historically significant brand that does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and 202 MPH, is a full carbon tub, with cool doors, built in very limited numbers and on top of that has radically new Formula 1 dual combustion chamber engine technology (first to market I’ll add). Just try to order one now, all production is sold out. This is going to be a home run run for the manufacturer. And after all the negative talk, the brand and the MC20 will survive. BTW the Ford GT and all Formula 1 cars are 6 cylinder. I love it!!!! Well done Maserati.

6,896 Posts
I'm not a hater in the least bit...I think the car is cool as shit and engine output is stupid high...I even like that interior for a car like that...I do hate that one set of wheels they offer...Ugly as a bowling shoe..J

·
Registered
645 Posts
I love the car as well, I think the sound will be distinctive. My comment re: the car sound was based on the second goowood video. Listen to the announcer... Lol

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I love the car as well, I think the sound will be distinctive. My comment re: the car sound was based on the second goowood video. Listen to the announcer... Lol
I know what you mean, you hear a sound from another vehicle at the beginning, funny.
Take a look at the video of the McLaren Artura, the sound doesn't match the actual car, this video is a small debacle for McLaren (ok, I guess the Artura started in pure electric mode and then switched the combustion engine to it). Howsoever, in this comparison, the MC20 sounds like a hell of a machine.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.