Maserati Forum banner

MC20 Delivery Date discussion

47K views 399 replies 40 participants last post by  WorldTraveler 
#1 ·
Who in here have actually ordered a MC20 and what delivery dates were given to you by your dealer?
I have an allocation for one which is supposed to arrive in Sep/Oct 2021. They will start building it in March is what I was told. I did get an email directly from Maserati about my order confirmation.
I have seen it in person and it looks stunning. I believe it will surprise a lot of people and will make you rethink Maserati.
Please feel free to share your thoughts / experience and what you think about the car? I think it will be a much more exclusive car for a while as I was told that only 450 are being made for 2021.

#338 ·
delivery of my car to port in MD just got pushed back again for the third time.

View attachment 146196
My forecast delivery to subsidiary also got pushed to 11/23, we must be scheduled to load onto the same boat. My dealer said it's possible the boat is delayed, as our cars are done and sitting in a warehouse.

#354 ·
That's really hard to say, my vehicle was "in production" for 3 mos, but a month of that was delayed by the August shutdown. Impossible to predict also if car gets held at warehouse in IT or even the port here, but I'd ballpark you're looking at Feb or Mar delivery.

#357 ·
Bummer! I agree, This Maserati experience is crap! And I know the car is amazing, But when you spend 300k you would think we would have white glove service, I put my Ford Lightning Truck order in 2 months ago, and Ford provides updated emails and a link to what is happening with my truck, And there doing 30,000 units. How many MC 20s? 500 a year, and they cannot figure out how to communicate with there customers. This also happen to me back in 09 when I ordered my GT.

#361 ·
Pretty negative review from this guy, seems like a biased jackass but just curious from those who have gotten their cars, any thoughts on material quality and parts bin sharing? I spent about 15 min with one and it felt find, but I also don't have any experience w Stellantis cars so I wouldn't recognize shared parts.

Oh, and Happy thanksgiving!

#362 · (Edited)
IMHO This
“ review” was a purposeful hit job Notice he also took a shot at the dealer that was nice enough let him take the car for a test ride on his own. His complaining about plastic parts and parts sharing was also petty BS. All manufactures do it to a degree. His comments about performance were also based on what?? He taps the gas and comments yeah not much performance here either. Then for good measure he professes to know the psyche of a person that would buy a Maserati. I always welcome honest reviews but this was not one of them.

#364 ·
as of this morning latest update on delivery of my car now has it pushed back again for the fourth time. So the original ship date provide by Maserati of 9/27 obviously didn't happen and we really have no idea where the car is at this point. Frustrating to say the least......

#375 ·
Albeit, I don’t have much constructive to say here, but I will say, I waited 20 months for my car. I’m now six months in to my ownership, and the honeymoon continues…so worth the wait and cost. I fully agree that we should expect and deserve far better communication with the production and transportation process, and it really frustrated me until my dealer told me a bit about Masersti corporate and the fact they are a pretty small company (yes, it didn’t make it right that I received little or no status updates from Maserati for months, especially when Amazon can tell me where a $3 pen refill is in transit), but it did register with me that they are much smaller (and hence resource-limited) company than their brand would indicate. Im not making excuses for them, just passing on what I was told.

As for the video review that was posted, I watched a couple minutes of it, as it seemed to be another person who wants to be a car-tuber. So many manufacturers share parts that it’s pretty rare to not see that. As for my MC20, I didn’t see anything that bothered me compared to my 2022 Lavante, but with the MC20, the interior is very business-like and spartan, so I’m not sure how there could be a lot of complaints…the door “handle/release” is a button (not on other Maseratis that I’ve seen)…the radio and AC controls are all through the center “screen/iPad”…the paddles weren’t on my Lavante…the wiper stalk might be the same, but i’ve never used it, and maybe the window buttons are the same, but aren’t they the same in all cars? LOL. The engine is Different…same with seats..,wheels…body…ride…handling…acceleration…carbon roof, doors, etc. I think the Maserati emblems are the same though, but that’s certainly by design. I’m amazed and fascinated by the car every day, but I’ve never driven a Bugatti or anything that’s over $1M. It compares very favorably in my experiences to McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston, and Porsche (all of which I’ve owned or driven on tracks) with a closer comparison to the first three, but at a lower price point, more limited production, and more unique style (I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I don’t mean to ruffle any feathers here). Bang-for-the-buck, I’ve not seen anything like it (assuming one wants a new car). Just my two cents, which if you add about $6.98, you can get a nice cappuccino at Starbucks in Manhattan! 😎 I hope you all get your cars soon…I found it was about a month after my car landed in port in the US until it made it way from New Jersey to Florida.

#376 ·
Thanks for the update and comparison so your other vehicles including the Levante. I'm not too worried about some shared switchgear, as I don't have any other Stellantis products to compare. How do you feel about the sound, or lackthereof as has been complained about in reviews? I know it's a small production number car, but hopefully we some more aftermarket options in the next few months?

I spoke w/ my SA yesterday who said the delivery to port eta was still 12/2 for our cars, which he said likely means the ship is offshore waiting to dock.

#382 ·
Just popping in to mention that last month I was told my vehicle was on track for a December ship, January delivery. Now I’m being told it’s going to be a January ship, February delivery. Hopefully this doesn’t carry on too long. Don’t want to miss any Spring driving :)

#397 ·
Update on this. My car was delivered to port on 1/27 but it hasn’t moved since. My dealer originally told me they’ve been getting them 3-4 weeks after port arrival. I’m at 5.5 weeks with no movement. How long have others waited after port arrival?

#383 ·
From the time it shipped from Italy to final delivery to Florida (with a stop in New Jersey for the first PDI), it was around ten weeks for my car, so eight is probably doable without any glitches along the way—where there can be plenty. My arrived in port as an example and then didn’t unload for close to two weeks. Once at Ferrari for the first PDI, it spent another two weeks there. Then a week to wait to be loaded on a carrier to FLA. So the weeks just added up pretty quickly. I think the big date is when it’s on a ship and the ship is sailing (which you should be able to track in real time on your own). Once that happens, it will arrive! Sitting in port, unloaded, was excruciating.

#385 ·
No. Car was purchased at a local dealer in Florida. I was told all US cars go to Ferrari head quarters in New Jersey (apparently it was formerly a joint head quarters for Ferrari and Maserati). The impression was Maserati didn’t trust dealers to do the PDI, so they have Ferrari do it, yet Ferrari didn’t know the car, which led to a PDI mistake on my car. The mistake was found by my dealer who went over the car in fine detail. Maserati was quick to respond to the mistake made by Ferrari, which indicated to me they are serious about the car and the owners.

#390 ·
Not that this will make you guys feel any better about the frustrating wait and lack of concrete responses as to the status of the delivery process, but a couple of guys on the Granturismo segment just posted similar fiascos waiting for parts from Maserati in Italy - one is going on nine months and another over a year and a half ! The first is a sensor without which he can’t drive the car so it’s been sitting in the dealer’s lot all that time , and the second is a seat leather upholstery ( neither parts were available at any dealers in the U.S., or other countries dealers , nor at Scuderia ) so they both have to come from Italy . And all they’re getting is non-committal “ we’re waiting but have no timeline or updates “ responses. Not sure if other brands ( Ferrari, Aston Martin, McLaren, Lamborghini, Porsche , Bentley , etc..) cause customers the same heartaches , but it certainly seems this is Maserati’s pathetic m.o., globally. Ok, so parts are one thing, but to treat customers who spend $ 300,000 +/- for their car in this way, is just shameful. And they don’t seem to care at all …😣

#391 ·
I had a similar experience w my Vantage. The front dash leather started pulling away at the seams, some issue w the glue (and I rarely park outside, and the car had 3k miles on it), which is a known problem. I waited 8 months for the replacement from England, usual excuses from the dealer, finally they offer to just take it to a local high end upholstery shop and replace it... they did a halfway decent job but it's clearly not the same quality leather as OEM. I'm just lucky it wasn't a functional part. Hope this doesn't become an issue w our MC20s lol.

#392 ·
I think these are global issues…I purchased a new Q8 last year…received one key when the car was shipped from out-of-state. I called the dealer and was told they all come with one key. I called Audi corporate and was told chip shortage, and to call back in a month (disappointingly, they did t seem to really care, which has not been my previous years of experience with Audi). Month six that I called, I was told there was a recall issued (their way of tracking the key that was owed). I contacted my local dealer, and they had to order it, then we had another wait, but after seven months I finally had a spare key. I sold the car the next week (nothing wrong with the car, just a change in circumstance), but I did deliver the car with two keys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.