Maserati Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered last Sept. I was notified by my dealer 3-4 weeks ago that I could get the car in late Q4 if I removed the carbon fiber roof from my build. I wanted the roof so they tell me it wont be delivered until likely March.
Interesting…I wondered that, as I ordered a carbon fiber roof as well. My build is Feb, so I’m thinking May delivery (US).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've heard that 400-450 number for 2021...the real question is, is that world wide produciton or just US deliveries? Any source to confirm how many are coming to US/North America?
I “vaguely” recall discussing with my dealer last year, (emphasis on the vague recall) and it being 300-400 world-wide. Using some simple math and the allocation levels per dealer that we discussed I came up with about 150 hitting the US. Even if somehow that number’s off by 2x, it puts the car in pretty rarefied territory in terms of production.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If they have a hit on their hands....be foolish not to make more.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I read somewhere (sorry; forgot where...) that the Modena plant at Viale Ciro Menotti has the capacity to produce 1500 cars per year, so very likely that production will move towards that figure once all the planned variants of the MC20 (coupe, roadster, and EV) have been launched.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If they have a hit on their hands....be foolish not to make more.
Maybe…Maserati wants to be thought of like Ferrari (not my opinion, just one of those involved with Masersti). That certainly implies exclusivity. But the Ferrari reference aside, take the Ford GT…6,500 people applied for the new model, and Ford increased production to…250 units per year. There will be thousands of people who never get a car, so while on the surface, I’d agree that it seems rationale to build more if you can sell more, it may be something they don’t want to do at all. Personally, I think it will be a hit, and I can’t wait for mine; however, I’d not be opposed to Masersti severely limiting production! LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe…Maserati wants to be thought of like Ferrari (not my opinion, just one of those involved with Masersti). That certainly implies exclusivity. But the Ferrari reference aside, take the Ford GT…6,500 people applied for the new model, and Ford increased production to…250 units per year. There will be thousands of people who never get a car, so while on the surface, I’d agree that it seems rationale to build more if you can sell more, it may be something they don’t want to do at all. Personally, I think it will be a hit, and I can’t wait for mine; however, I’d not be opposed to Masersti severely limiting production! LOL
After seeing Merak1974’s comment and looking up production numbers of certain models of Ferrari, I’ve changed my mind…I agree, they will probably up production a few fold if it sells well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What I know so far...
My car: Grigio Mistero with Carbon roof (note when you order the car, there we’re some options that weren’t on the online configurator.
Date Order was Placed: Last October.
Price: Sticker, although Fiat group allows dealers to price vehicles as they see fit.
Delivery: I was originally told Q4, and the GM doesn’t have any updated ETA although he routinely checks with corporate. I was also told that it doesn’t depend upon when the car was ordered (I was pretty early in the queue, as they hadn’t even completed the east coast tour of the car), but that production would depend more upon the color you ordered and how many were ordered; I.e., they’d produce all the white cars, then grey cars (wishful thinking on my part), and so on, so it could be a wait if you drew the wrong stick on color.
Production: I was told 300 to 400 world-wide...my estimate is 150 come to the US based on the number of dealers here and dealers getting an allocation of 0 to 4 cars depending upon size of dealership (some averaging). I was also told earlier this month that due to the low vol that the chip shortage shouldn’t be a factor (fingers crossed). Car has been sold out world-wide for several months.
Personal: I haven’t been this excited about a car in 20 years and find myself feeling very lucky to have secured a car, especially as I had no businessman or person relationship with the dealer prior to the MC20.
Interesting and maybe lucky. I filled out an application and listed the four previous models that I had purchased. I assumed it was a customer loyalty thing and have heard a few Ferrari guys that were upset because they didn't get an allocation. Glad you made the list!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read somewhere (sorry; forgot where...) that the Modena plant at Viale Ciro Menotti has the capacity to produce 1500 cars per year, so very likely that production will move towards that figure once all the planned variants of the MC20 (coupe, roadster, and EV) have been launched.
I read the same and some of the production videos that have been released stated 5-6 cars a day which comes out to almost 1500 with two week plant shutdown for holidays. Maybe closer to 1200-1400 if they don't get to 6/day target.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My RHD UK car is currently in build but won't complete before the factory shutdown. Looking like the back part of September for it to arrive at the dealer.

The dealer is receiving a display car in blue next week so that will have to keep me going!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My RHD UK car is currently in build but won't complete before the factory shutdown. Looking like the back part of September for it to arrive at the dealer.

The dealer is receiving a display car in blue next week so that will have to keep me going!
It would be great to hear your thoughts on the car once you see it...I missed seeing the MC20 by about a day on the US East Coast tour last year, and so far, my dealer isn't getting a car anytime soon (he received an allocation of one, so it looks like I will see the car for the first time when mine arrives)!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be great to hear your thoughts on the car once you see it...I missed seeing the MC20 by about a day on the US East Coast tour last year, and so far, my dealer isn't getting a car anytime soon (he received an allocation of one, so it looks like I will see the car for the first time when mine arrives)!
Will report back with pics once I've seen it :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome, thank you! My wait will end up being 18 months from order to delivery, so I'm a bit starved for real-user/owner impressions.
I ordered my MC20 after seeing it at the Shanghai Auto Show back in April. They wouldn't even let us sit in the car, but somehow the car just spoke to me. The dealer said there were only so many allocations for China and if I ordered the car with ceramic breaks, rear slip diff and front spoiler lift as mandatory options, the car would be one of the first to be delivered to Shanghai. Original quoted production date was early July 2021, with delivery some time in September. I checked with them last week and now they are talking about late November/December delivery date. I'm a bit disappointed, I haven't heard anything from Maserati directly. Considering the cost of the car here is 2x that of in the US due to taxes, I'm hoping the car's hype is still there if the first batch of cars are going to be delivered 2 years after launch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Finally, I heard from the Maserati factory for the first time since ordering my MC20. I got a nice letter from the factory welcoming me to the family and they sent me a beautiful print that is peal white matte color like the car. the letter also said said they would be following up regularly with updates once production starts.
I got one of these as well. Nice sketch 👌

61 - 80 of 102 Posts