Maserati Forum banner
381 - 396 of 396 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the update and comparison so your other vehicles including the Levante. I'm not too worried about some shared switchgear, as I don't have any other Stellantis products to compare. How do you feel about the sound, or lackthereof as has been complained about in reviews? I know it's a small production number car, but hopefully we some more aftermarket options in the next few months?

I spoke w/ my SA yesterday who said the delivery to port eta was still 12/2 for our cars, which he said likely means the ship is offshore waiting to dock.
I’ve seen a lot of comments about the sound of the car, specifically, “it’s not a v12, 10, or even 8.” Initially I will confess that I was a “little” disappointed in the sound, or rather lack thereof, as it wasn’t close to a Ferrari, Aston, or Audi R8 in sound. It compared more favorably to a 911 with Sport exhaust (current Gen 911, as the previous Gen sport exhaust in the GTS was quite a bit better sounding, but I’m getting into the weeds here). I came to terms with a few things…first, it’s not nearly as cool or acceptable to drive through one’s town with the loudest car as it draws even more attention and makes one look like a teenager. Second, turbo six cylinders and hybrids are becoming more the norm (just as one has a hard time finding manual transmission cars these days; the 911 is the exception), and with the sixes, the sound just isn’t there usually. All that said, I find the sound very enjoyable, especially in manual mode (there’s little sense in driving the car in automatic mode as the engine is always trying to find the next highest gear out of an ambition to meet the required gas mileage…don’t ever drive it in auto mode…you’ll want to sell the car)! So in general, it’s fine, or more than fine, but it’s less than most any comparable ICE car that it would be compared to, especially if it is a v8 or 10. If you find yourself thinking about the sound, just park the car, walk away, then turn around, and the first words that will come to mind are “mama Mia!” She is a beauty! 😎

· Registered
10 Posts
Just popping in to mention that last month I was told my vehicle was on track for a December ship, January delivery. Now I’m being told it’s going to be a January ship, February delivery. Hopefully this doesn’t carry on too long. Don’t want to miss any Spring driving :)

· Registered
119 Posts
From the time it shipped from Italy to final delivery to Florida (with a stop in New Jersey for the first PDI), it was around ten weeks for my car, so eight is probably doable without any glitches along the way—where there can be plenty. My arrived in port as an example and then didn’t unload for close to two weeks. Once at Ferrari for the first PDI, it spent another two weeks there. Then a week to wait to be loaded on a carrier to FLA. So the weeks just added up pretty quickly. I think the big date is when it’s on a ship and the ship is sailing (which you should be able to track in real time on your own). Once that happens, it will arrive! Sitting in port, unloaded, was excruciating.

· Registered
49 Posts
From the time it shipped from Italy to final delivery to Florida (with a stop in New Jersey for the first PDI), it was around ten weeks for my car, so eight is probably doable without any glitches along the way—where there can be plenty. My arrived in port as an example and then didn’t unload for close to two weeks. Once at Ferrari for the first PDI, it spent another two weeks there. Then a week to wait to be loaded on a carrier to FLA. So the weeks just added up pretty quickly. I think the big date is when it’s on a ship and the ship is sailing (which you should be able to track in real time on your own). Once that happens, it will arrive! Sitting in port, unloaded, was excruciating.
So since ur car shipped to New Jersey for first PDI I assume you purchased ur car from dealer located there?

· Registered
119 Posts
No. Car was purchased at a local dealer in Florida. I was told all US cars go to Ferrari head quarters in New Jersey (apparently it was formerly a joint head quarters for Ferrari and Maserati). The impression was Maserati didn’t trust dealers to do the PDI, so they have Ferrari do it, yet Ferrari didn’t know the car, which led to a PDI mistake on my car. The mistake was found by my dealer who went over the car in fine detail. Maserati was quick to respond to the mistake made by Ferrari, which indicated to me they are serious about the car and the owners.

· Registered
175 Posts
No. Car was purchased at a local dealer in Florida. I was told all US cars go to Ferrari head quarters in New Jersey (apparently it was formerly a joint head quarters for Ferrari and Maserati). The impression was Maserati didn’t trust dealers to do the PDI, so they have Ferrari do it, yet Ferrari didn’t know the car, which led to a PDI mistake on my car. The mistake was found by my dealer who went over the car in fine detail. Maserati was quick to respond to the mistake made by Ferrari, which indicated to me they are serious about the car and the owners.
Interesting, my dealer mentioned the MC20 specifically goes through a very thorough PDI at the port of entry, I didn't know it goes from the port in Baltimore to NJ and then on to the local dealer.

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
Not that this will make you guys feel any better about the frustrating wait and lack of concrete responses as to the status of the delivery process, but a couple of guys on the Granturismo segment just posted similar fiascos waiting for parts from Maserati in Italy - one is going on nine months and another over a year and a half ! The first is a sensor without which he can’t drive the car so it’s been sitting in the dealer’s lot all that time , and the second is a seat leather upholstery ( neither parts were available at any dealers in the U.S., or other countries dealers , nor at Scuderia ) so they both have to come from Italy . And all they’re getting is non-committal “ we’re waiting but have no timeline or updates “ responses. Not sure if other brands ( Ferrari, Aston Martin, McLaren, Lamborghini, Porsche , Bentley , etc..) cause customers the same heartaches , but it certainly seems this is Maserati’s pathetic m.o., globally. Ok, so parts are one thing, but to treat customers who spend $ 300,000 +/- for their car in this way, is just shameful. And they don’t seem to care at all …😣

· Registered
175 Posts
Not that this will make you guys feel any better about the frustrating wait and lack of concrete responses as to the status of the delivery process, but a couple of guys on the Granturismo segment just posted similar fiascos waiting for parts from Maserati in Italy - one is going on nine months and another over a year and a half ! The first is a sensor without which he can’t drive the car so it’s been sitting in the dealer’s lot all that time , and the second is a seat leather upholstery ( neither parts were available at any dealers in the U.S., or other countries dealers , nor at Scuderia ) so they both have to come from Italy . And all they’re getting is non-committal “ we’re waiting but have no timeline or updates “ responses. Not sure if other brands ( Ferrari, Aston Martin, McLaren, Lamborghini, Porsche , Bentley , etc..) cause customers the same heartaches , but it certainly seems this is Maserati’s pathetic m.o., globally. Ok, so parts are one thing, but to treat customers who spend $ 300,000 +/- for their car in this way, is just shameful. And they don’t seem to care at all …😣
I had a similar experience w my Vantage. The front dash leather started pulling away at the seams, some issue w the glue (and I rarely park outside, and the car had 3k miles on it), which is a known problem. I waited 8 months for the replacement from England, usual excuses from the dealer, finally they offer to just take it to a local high end upholstery shop and replace it... they did a halfway decent job but it's clearly not the same quality leather as OEM. I'm just lucky it wasn't a functional part. Hope this doesn't become an issue w our MC20s lol.

· Registered
119 Posts
I think these are global issues…I purchased a new Q8 last year…received one key when the car was shipped from out-of-state. I called the dealer and was told they all come with one key. I called Audi corporate and was told chip shortage, and to call back in a month (disappointingly, they did t seem to really care, which has not been my previous years of experience with Audi). Month six that I called, I was told there was a recall issued (their way of tracking the key that was owed). I contacted my local dealer, and they had to order it, then we had another wait, but after seven months I finally had a spare key. I sold the car the next week (nothing wrong with the car, just a change in circumstance), but I did deliver the car with two keys!

· Registered
49 Posts
I had a similar experience w my Vantage. The front dash leather started pulling away at the seams, some issue w the glue (and I rarely park outside, and the car had 3k miles on it), which is a known problem. I waited 8 months for the replacement from England, usual excuses from the dealer, finally they offer to just take it to a local high end upholstery shop and replace it... they did a halfway decent job but it's clearly not the same quality leather as OEM. I'm just lucky it wasn't a functional part. Hope this doesn't become an issue w our MC20s lol.
Similar thing happened to me on a new McLaren I had purchased. After just four months of ownership the transmission failed. After sitting at the dealer for 6 weeks with no end in sight I gave them two options. Buy the car back from me or I lemon it which is an option after 30 days in IL. After some rather interesting negotiating they bought it back from me at full purchase price. If the car is still under warranty allowing it to sit at a dealer for months on end is simply not an acceptable option.

· Registered
175 Posts
Similar thing happened to me on a new McLaren I had purchased. After just four months of ownership the transmission failed. After sitting at the dealer for 6 weeks with no end in sight I gave them two options. Buy the car back from me or I lemon it which is an option after 30 days in IL. After some rather interesting negotiating they bought it back from me at full purchase price. If the car is still under warranty allowing it to sit at a dealer for months on end is simply not an acceptable option.
My car hit port. Has yours left for the dealer yet?

381 - 396 of 396 Posts