Maserati Forum banner
181 - 200 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
dang thats retarded. hope you feel its worth the wait for it. I think I am going to give it a few more months and then just ask for my money back. I would never have ordered the car if I had know how horrible the experience was going to be.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I expected it to take about 14 months as I sensed that Masersti wasn’t even going to make the decision to definitely proceed with the car for at least two or three months from when I placed my order, then add another 12 months for moving up the queue, production, shipping, etc. Let’s call it about 14 months start to finish. So, if you factor in the COVID-effect, supply chain issues, etc., adding another six months isn’t all that horrible.

Domestic vehicles were taking eight plus months from order, and they weren’t specialized, first-Gen vehicles, and had no trans-Atlantic logistics to deal with. At a certain point, all the past months were a sunk cost to me, so I viewed it as what is the expected wait going forward. Based on all the owners here, it appears it will be well worth the wait (but perhaps it’s only the positive owners that are posting) 😉

·
Registered
84 Posts
I expected it to take about 14 months as I sensed that Masersti wasn’t even going to make the decision to definitely proceed with the car for at least two or three months from when I placed my order, then add another 12 months for moving up the queue, production, shipping, etc. Let’s call it about 14 months start to finish. So, if you factor in the COVID-effect, supply chain issues, etc., adding another six months isn’t all that horrible.

Domestic vehicles were taking eight plus months from order, and they weren’t specialized, first-Gen vehicles, and had no trans-Atlantic logistics to deal with. At a certain point, all the past months were a sunk cost to me, so I viewed it as what is the expected wait going forward. Based on all the owners here, it appears it will be well worth the wait (but perhaps it’s only the positive owners that are posting) 😉
I really excited on the exterior of the car.. kind bummed on the interior of the car I feel that could have done better on that at this cost. I have been looking into ordering a audi rs q8.. I have been told if I order a 2023 I should be able to get it within 6 or 7 months

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just saw two MC20’s at a dealership where I had business. They are selling (closed deals) for well above MSRP used. Anyway, first time seeing the car in the flesh. Mama Mia! It’s simply stunning. As others have mentioned here, it looks great in photos and videos, but in person, it’s far far better. I know taste is highly subjective, but I think Masersti has broken new ground and designed something really impressive.

I agree with Skate…I had hoped for a more luxurious interior, but what I saw I think is purposeful and business-like. I didn’t sit in either car out of respect, but I talked to a couple of the people (tech and sales) that have driven several of the MC20 cars and they too had said how impressed they were with the engine, feel, steering, ride, comfort, etc. they gave it very high marks, which was encouraging since they drive about every exotic you can think of at that collection of dealerships.

It was more stunning to me than any of the pics, and no, I’m not on Maserati’s payroll, despite how my comments may seem!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really excited on the exterior of the car.. kind bummed on the interior of the car I feel that could have done better on that at this cost. I have been looking into ordering a audi rs q8.. I have been told if I order a 2023 I should be able to get it within 6 or 7 months
Regarding the interior, I guess it is all personal preference. I absolutely love the interior of the MC20. It is clean and simple. The steering wheel is perfect. I have full leather seats as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I decided not to order an MC20 when I got the launch email. Kept my money in the stock market and now it’s 30% less. Makes that MC 20 decision sting just a little bit more! Beautiful car. Guess I’ll be enjoying the Gransport LE a bit longer!
grandsport is a pretty car.. a good deal if you can find one that doesn't have issues.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does Maserati have any MC20 demos making rounds at dealers? I picked up an alloc for a '23 coupe (hoping to switch into a Cielo if it opens up) with the order probably not locking until Dec/Jan, so I have some time but I'd like not to buy it without having driven one. I'm in the chicago area, my order is through Napleton in Downer's Grove.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does Maserati have any MC20 demos making rounds at dealers? I picked up an alloc for a '23 coupe (hoping to switch into a Cielo if it opens up) with the order probably not locking until Dec/Jan, so I have some time but I'd like not to buy it without having driven one. I'm in the chicago area, my order is through Napleton in Downer's Grove.
you would want to reach out to Maserati USA or check with all your local dealers to see if any of them know

·
Registered
94 Posts
Scratch that, they told me MSRP Friday but they just came back today and said it would be 20 over sticker, so I canceled. I would maybe pay that if they had one now, but for summer 2023 no way LOL.

·
Registered
84 Posts
it has been the most amazing car I have yet to own. I had my heart set on a gallardo until I drove one. the vantage has two personalities. it can be driven like a normal car but when you put it in track mode its a freakin monster. chances are I will be getting rid of it when my mc20 arrives.. as the local dealer is trash and its not really a FL car. I am petrified to drive the car during the day have heard the leather dash will shrink and need to be replaced. I dont drive it much but sometimes just go look at it and am amazed to own such a perfect machine that is so pretty!! supposably my mc20 has completed production and should arrive in the next 60 days

Reactions: ajag

·
Registered
84 Posts
Scratch that, they told me MSRP Friday but they just came back today and said it would be 20 over sticker, so I canceled. I would maybe pay that if they had one now, but for summer 2023 no way LOL.
if you want one of the cars I would check with other dealers. I paid sticker for my car. not sure if its the same napleton ownership as the ones in FL. I would never buy a car form those guys not honest one bit!

·
Registered
33 Posts
it has been the most amazing car I have yet to own. I had my heart set on a gallardo until I drove one. the vantage has two personalities. it can be driven like a normal car but when you put it in track mode its a freakin monster. chances are I will be getting rid of it when my mc20 arrives.. as the local dealer is trash and its not really a FL car. I am petrified to drive the car during the day have heard the leather dash will shrink and need to be replaced. I dont drive it much but sometimes just go look at it and am amazed to own such a perfect machine that is so pretty!! supposably my mc20 has completed production and should arrive in the next 60 days
When did you order your car?

·
Registered
94 Posts
if you want one of the cars I would check with other dealers. I paid sticker for my car. not sure if its the same napleton ownership as the ones in FL. I would never buy a car form those guys not honest one bit!
Hmm, not sure if it's the same owner but probably lol. I got my Aston from them too. They can ask whatever they want, but it irks me when you renege on a verbal agreement after running my cc, I'm sure the sales guy had to run it by his GM for the contract today and they told him to try and tack on an ADM. I called Glenview Maserati after and they want 75k over LOL. If you have a contact at your dealer for MSRP pls PM me!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes; you said it was produced so I’m curious because I ordered mine in Nov of 2020
I received an email from my dealer saturday advising me the car has completed production and should expect delivery in the next 45 to 60 days. I am not sure when the car was ordered.. I ordered the car june of last year but the car had already been ordered for someone who backed out of the order.

Reactions: ajag

·
Registered
33 Posts
I received an email from my dealer saturday advising me the car has completed production and should expect delivery in the next 45 to 60 days. I am not sure when the car was ordered.. I ordered the car june of last year but the car had already been ordered for someone who backed out of the order.
Oh, ok. You got lucky then, especially if paying MSRP. Congrats on it coming soon!

181 - 200 of 276 Posts