Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 400 Posts

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,350 Posts
I would have posted a photo of mine which I had for a few years while I lived in Cleveland in the late 70s, but 1) mine was a painted-over rust bucket and if that wasn’t enough it was also previously totaled and shoddily restored and 2) even if I did find the photo which is probably buried in a stack of albums somewhere in the house, it’s probably all faded out ( unfortunately that’s what happens to “real“ photos before the digital age came along .. ) so it would not do this gorgeous car justice. Seeing its clean image like in the above photo is a suitable tribute . (y)

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,350 Posts
No, Joe's car was an Allemano-bodied 5000GT...
Yes, a 5000GT , and it couldn't do 185 unless you took it to the top of a mountain and just gave it a push ..:p 168 mph top speed according to Maserati. Of course he might have had it modified, but to get another 17 mph at that top end level where wind resistance / aerodynamics are a bigger enemy, you need a hell of a lot more HP ( it's not a proportional equation ) , so not sure what he could have done to it if indeed it attained 185. :unsure: But the line in the lyrics wouldn't rhyme so he would have had to come up with something else..

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,350 Posts
Very true, the speedometers are not only factory set to show a higher speed than actual, but in addition, at that speed level the “normal” speedometer error can be 10-15% above . So unless the speed is GPS measured, relying on the speedometer reading gives one a bit of a false sense of how fast you’re going ..

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,350 Posts
The global supply chain nightmare is affecting many industries world-wide, including most transport domains which have are already been hit by staff shortages ( trucking in particular ) and I suspect to some extent or another that also impacts these delivery timelines uncertainty ..

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,350 Posts
My car just cleared and is arriving on Thursday (y)
Wow, that’s exciting ..I am vicariously happy for you …and anyone else here who will get theirs soon . I can relate to the wait being an excruciating experience, since I have little or no patience waiting for things I want..

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,350 Posts
Not that this will make you guys feel any better about the frustrating wait and lack of concrete responses as to the status of the delivery process, but a couple of guys on the Granturismo segment just posted similar fiascos waiting for parts from Maserati in Italy - one is going on nine months and another over a year and a half ! The first is a sensor without which he can’t drive the car so it’s been sitting in the dealer’s lot all that time , and the second is a seat leather upholstery ( neither parts were available at any dealers in the U.S., or other countries dealers , nor at Scuderia ) so they both have to come from Italy . And all they’re getting is non-committal “ we’re waiting but have no timeline or updates “ responses. Not sure if other brands ( Ferrari, Aston Martin, McLaren, Lamborghini, Porsche , Bentley , etc..) cause customers the same heartaches , but it certainly seems this is Maserati’s pathetic m.o., globally. Ok, so parts are one thing, but to treat customers who spend $ 300,000 +/- for their car in this way, is just shameful. And they don’t seem to care at all …😣

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,350 Posts
Update on this. My car was delivered to port on 1/27 but it hasn’t moved since. My dealer originally told me they’ve been getting them 3-4 weeks after port arrival. I’m at 5.5 weeks with no movement. How long have others waited after port arrival?
I‘m comparing apples to oranges here, but for whatever it’s worth .. we ordered various pieces of furniture which arrived at port, cleared customs, after which they have just been “sitting“ there also for over five weeks now. The company’s customer service management made weekly inquires as to the next leg shipping ( from port to the delivery hub ) status, but are unable to obtain any response.. They said the third party logistics provider informed them they just don’t know when they can send the next trailer out there ..

1 - 10 of 400 Posts