Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does Maserati have any MC20 demos making rounds at dealers? I picked up an alloc for a '23 coupe (hoping to switch into a Cielo if it opens up) with the order probably not locking until Dec/Jan, so I have some time but I'd like not to buy it without having driven one. I'm in the chicago area, my order is through Napleton in Downer's Grove.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Scratch that, they told me MSRP Friday but they just came back today and said it would be 20 over sticker, so I canceled. I would maybe pay that if they had one now, but for summer 2023 no way LOL.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if you want one of the cars I would check with other dealers. I paid sticker for my car. not sure if its the same napleton ownership as the ones in FL. I would never buy a car form those guys not honest one bit!
Hmm, not sure if it's the same owner but probably lol. I got my Aston from them too. They can ask whatever they want, but it irks me when you renege on a verbal agreement after running my cc, I'm sure the sales guy had to run it by his GM for the contract today and they told him to try and tack on an ADM. I called Glenview Maserati after and they want 75k over LOL. If you have a contact at your dealer for MSRP pls PM me!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I actually test drove an MC20 they had sitting on the floor at Glenview Luxury Imports. Loved the car so much I tried to buy it on the spot. They were initially asking $ 100K ADM which is insane. After some extended negotiating I got them to knock $ 50K off but that was still $ 50K over. My offer was at MSRP so needless to say it didn't happen. I still want one but have other cars to drive and willing to take a wait and see where the market goes. I'm seeing (17) MC20s currently listed for sale and recent price drops off the ADMs are encouraging.
When was this? Did they let you push it a bit?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds like everyone has the same negative experience with Glenview Imports. Had the first deposit they took on the new Cielo. They were happy to take my 10k. Called me today to say they have an allocation, but there will be a 100k ADM!!!
Are you kidding me!
I dont have a problem with dealer mark ups if that is what the market demands, but it should be disclosed before they take your money. To hold your deposit and then revise an offer is purely unacceptable.
Called Maserati corporate to let them know how their dealers are behaving.
Maserati is constantly talking about what an important market the US is for them. For a company trying to break back in to the exotic world, they sure dont act like it.
Have purchased several ferraris, lamborghini etc and have never been treated like this. From the first deposit I made with Ferrari, they honored their word every time. You wait your turn, pay MSRP and enjoy your car. Waiting on my 296GTS currently. That is how you build relationships.
Even my deposit on a Corvette ZO6 was handled better, with a numbered deposit and confirmation of sale at MSRP.
MC20 is a beautiful car, but a year from now when they are sitting on the resale market, Maserati will be wondering how they failed to gain traction in the USA.
Dont trust the guys at Glenview....
I'm just going to pass on the MC20 for now, these dealer shenanigans are irritating, and no way I'm paying over sticker for this. I'll probably make some calls again to the local dealers in 6 mos and see where things are at. Btw, if you got your F-cars from a local chicago dealer and wouldn't mind sharing your salesperson's info, could you pls DM me, I'm pondering a 296 myself, thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
My dealer sold one of their cars for $50k over sticker and is now selling it again on consignment for that owner for $100k over like a month later…..WTF
I don't blame them, they see the window of opportunity to take advantage of this insane market is closing down lol. I don't have to be the first on the block to have the MC20, I have no problem waiting to pick up a Cielo lightly used in a couple yrs. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I dont disagree, the main issue I have is you should disclose any dealer mark up at the time you take a deposit. Dont hold my money for eight months.....
Absolutely, or try and tack on a mandatory $20k "protection package with PPF, coating, etc" which they don't make the buyer aware of until they come in to pick it up lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wait, did your dealer take a $10k deposit, place an order eight months ago, then tell you there was an ADM? Maybe I’m confused.
No, my sales guy (who I bought a Vantage from last year) called me Friday to say they had an MC20 coupe allocation open up at MSRP (I had expressed interest a few months back in the MC20), he ran the 10k deposit on my CC and told me he'd send me the contract Monday to sign. I specifically asked if it was MSRP and he said yes, I was a repeat customer and I was local so for me it was MSRP. He called me Monday morning to say he had been informed there was a 20K ADM and car was not at MSRP as he had told me. I politely canceled and was credited my 10k back. So not egregious, but just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when an agreement is reneged upon, even a verbal one. This was Napleton Aston Martin Maserati.

What irked me more was that I had a Lotus Emira allocation at MSRP (in writing) from Glenview for months, and then was told that the FE (First Editions) would be at a 20k ADM and I would have to wait for a non FE car to get it at MSRP. So not really surprised when I called Glenview regarding the MC20 and was told 100k adm lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok, so you didn’t have an order for eight months. Got it. I’ve been to a few dealerships, and it seems the used cars are going for about 50 over sticker (but ask is a bit higher). Dealers of the Stellantis group have the ability to markup the cars as they see fit…some do, some don’t. It’s unfortunate as you were a customer already, and certainly in my opinion, not the way for a dealership to build a following (most anyone with the ability to buy an MC20 probably understands that basic business principle).

I’m sub one-week from delivery after waiting almost two years. Having seen a couple cars recently (but didn’t get to drive them), I think it will be worth the wait.

My “impression” based on various discussions (FWIW) is that the shenanigans that some here are experiencing is not what Masersti wants to see. They obviously shoulder some of the responsibility as they have the ability to make/tweak dealer rules to a degree, but I think they are also experiencing some growing pains as they try to move “closer” to Ferrari.
Grats, I'm sure you're going to love it! At MSRP it's a deal for sure, and I'd probably even pay 20k over for one NOW, but not for one delivered summer '23 (which was the estimate they gave). Also he mentioned the contract prohibited resale for a year after purchase to anyone but the dealer, and that sale would be at MSRP max. Did your dealer put any stipulations like that in your contract?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Agree, not worth it IMHO, but perhaps some of the buyers are not in the same financial situation they were when they ordered the car 6-12 mos ago.

I agree. $11k may be a best case, as most owners will consign their cars. I was told (by another dealer; not the dealer I ordered my car from) that consignment is 50% of difference between MSRP and selling price. So $50 goes to $25, then sub out the taxes and registration fees paid on the original purchase, then sub out taxes on the gain, and well, you’re not left with much as you pointed out. Only reasons I can think as to why people do it is either they don’t run the numbers or they feel like “hey, I got to drive a new MC20 for a few weeks and I made a couple grand.” A lot of effort for a small return.

·
Registered
94 Posts
2022 Maserati MC20 For Sale - 47410 (dupontregistry.com) Appears some of the crazy ADMs are continuing to drop. IHMO the MC 20 is not established enough in the market yet for these crazy prices to hold. Just say no and this trend should continue.
FWIW I was at Chicago Motor Cars today test driving a 720S and was chatting w one of the owners and asked about MC20s, and he said they're trading just slightly over sticker now if I was interested in one (310-320ish sticker cars so heavily optioned I would imagine). So I'd definitely hold off on paying any big ADMs right even if you want one right now.

Reactions: TKM524

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok so I'm back in, got a call from Ziegler Maserati that they got one additional alloc for a coupe for april/may 23 delivery at MSRP, so I took it. Had to spec and lock it today, though, so was scrambling a bit but decided to go with grigio mistero, blue calipers, birdcage wheels in glossy black diamond, nero/blue interior. No carbon exterior. Hope I didn't choose too hastily!

Reactions: skatesusa.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I may be a little biased, but that’s my car (delivered last week), except I have the Nero leather interior with silver stitching (it looks great, and I was concerned about it), and the carbon fiber roof. I think the car is stunning (again, perhaps I’m biased), and I’ve spent hours looking at it. You will not be disappointed. Only thing I’m mentioning as I obsessed over the specs originally, is that the blue on the seats is not Maserati blue (which the calipers and driving mode button are); it’s a much lighter blue.
awesome what are your impressions of driving? Pics pls!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Awesome build, I actually watched the youtube vid your dealer did of your car yesterday while I was on the phone with mine trying to pick colors lol. I'm also an under the radar guy, so was torn between grigio misterio and incognito, still not sure if I may switch it to incognito (dealer said he won't know if the build submission from yesterday has locked yet until Maserati confirms so I may have ability to switch still).

Did you get the upgraded sound package? I added it, wasn't going to as I was trying to keep my build around 250 but the dealer highly recommended it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I didn’t get the Sonus Faber upgrade (even though a friend actually works for them)…great audio company. My thinking was a) I want to listen to the engine, b) I mostly listen to Bloomberg, versus music, and c) wanted to keep my build cost down. I think if you enjoy music and want to listen to it while driving the car, then it’s a good option, as the base radio isn’t really meant for audiophiles.

One thing I was really surprised at is how good the carbon fiber roof looked. It’s stunning, but in an understated way. Only thing I’d have changed on my build was to add the lift kit (tried, but it was too late). That was a decent-size mistake I made (Penny-wise, pound-foolish). You don’t have to worry about that as the ‘23s come standard with the lift (it’s needed).
Agree on the roof, esp in the vid of your car, that is a gorgeous combo. I was wondering whether there was a front lifter lol, glad to know it's included now. I'm no audiophile and generally listen to the engine or podcasts, maybe I'll drop the sonus. Anyway, you should start up a new thread with more pics and driving impressions as you put the miles on it, I for one will be reading for some vicarious enjoyment lol. I'm hoping to get a drive at some point if my dealer gets a car back, maybe as people switch up for the cielos they'll be rolling in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
A few suggestions, FWIW…

Interior: go see the standard interior that most of the white cars were ordered with…the blue is more like a sky blue or baby blue…doesn’t match the calipers, doesn’t match the MC20 Drive Mode selector (those are Masersti blue). I knew that would bother me every time I got in the car…if the color difference doesn’t bother you, then you are good.

Roof: I wouldn’t have ordered the carbon roof; however, I had heard all first-Gen cars had to have a black roof. The difference between black roof ($4) and carbon ($6) was $2k…so that was a no-brainer that my dealer pointed out, so we went with carbon. What a fantastic decision that was…it just sets the car off so beautifully. It’s hard to photograph to where one can see how demonstrative the difference is (or needs a better photographer). You may want to drop the Sonus and get the roof (I think it’s similar in cost, if not a little less for the roof).

Blind Spot Detection: This is an Absolute must-have (make certain it’s on your build…it’s a cheap option (if they didn’t add it for the ‘23s).

Heated Front Seats: Very cheap option (no-brainer)…might be handy a few times a year.

Stitched Trident: Cheap option…makes the headrests.

Ext Electrochromatic Mirrors: Cheap option…no brainer.

My understanding is the ‘23s have an interior carbon package as standard (don’t bank on that though); however, my car has plenty of carbon so I don’t miss it.

If you are able to drive one, I’d suggest Manual and Sport mode with shocks off…you’ll smile 😎
The 23s have made the blind spot, mirrors, etc. as standard. Also the '23 drive mode selector has a screen in it, not sure if the blue ring remains?

The interior carbon package and heated seats are required to be added with the nero/blue cielo interior.

The CF roof does look awesome, I was initially thinking I was going to satin black wrap the roof to match the lower panels, but not sure. Also still torn on whether to go incognito or misterio, tough to do not having seen color samples.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My original order a year ago was a 22, Last month they told me that my car will now be a 23, I spec front lift and blind spot, wondering if that will be free now? Or Basic MSRP will go up?
Base price is 230 now, up from 216 or something.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So I decided to switch to Grigio incognito, dealer said it’s a nonmetallic similar to Audi nardo gray or Porsche chalk, hopefully it’s a good choice lol. Should go well w the blue calipers and blue nielo int

1 - 20 of 28 Posts