Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Does Maserati have any MC20 demos making rounds at dealers? I picked up an alloc for a '23 coupe (hoping to switch into a Cielo if it opens up) with the order probably not locking until Dec/Jan, so I have some time but I'd like not to buy it without having driven one. I'm in the chicago area, my order is through Napleton in Downer's Grove.
I actually test drove an MC20 they had sitting on the floor at Glenview Luxury Imports. Loved the car so much I tried to buy it on the spot. They were initially asking $ 100K ADM which is insane. After some extended negotiating I got them to knock $ 50K off but that was still $ 50K over. My offer was at MSRP so needless to say it didn't happen. I still want one but have other cars to drive and willing to take a wait and see where the market goes. I'm seeing (17) MC20s currently listed for sale and recent price drops off the ADMs are encouraging.

· Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like everyone has the same negative experience with Glenview Imports. Had the first deposit they took on the new Cielo. They were happy to take my 10k. Called me today to say they have an allocation, but there will be a 100k ADM!!!
Are you kidding me!
I dont have a problem with dealer mark ups if that is what the market demands, but it should be disclosed before they take your money. To hold your deposit and then revise an offer is purely unacceptable.
Called Maserati corporate to let them know how their dealers are behaving.
Maserati is constantly talking about what an important market the US is for them. For a company trying to break back in to the exotic world, they sure dont act like it.
Have purchased several ferraris, lamborghini etc and have never been treated like this. From the first deposit I made with Ferrari, they honored their word every time. You wait your turn, pay MSRP and enjoy your car. Waiting on my 296GTS currently. That is how you build relationships.
Even my deposit on a Corvette ZO6 was handled better, with a numbered deposit and confirmation of sale at MSRP.
MC20 is a beautiful car, but a year from now when they are sitting on the resale market, Maserati will be wondering how they failed to gain traction in the USA.
Dont trust the guys at Glenview....
yeah they seemed a little sketchy. The sales mgr. seemed like a decent guy but there was also a lot of stroking going on. I also knew more about the car than any of their sales people which is really unacceptable if Maserati wants to get back in this market. For now the MC20 is a fish out of water for the dealers and other potential concerns include service and parts availability. Already been to that rodeo with McLaren!

· Registered
49 Posts
I’ve heard production is up to 500/year, each for the coupe and new Spyder. So figure half that going to NA…makes it a very rare car. The seat you’re referencing was probably in the configurator the dealer has (but not the one on line that we all see). When I ordered my car, there were a few options that weren’t on the public-facing configurator. Then of course there’s the customization program that Maserati has (“if you dream, we can built it,” LOL). You should ask your dealer to see the Fuoriserie book…it’s pretty wild.

buddy of mine just got back from Italy and had an opportunity tour the Maserati factory. While there he also spec'd his Ceilo! They had the new light weight racing seat on display and he was able to sit in one. Said they were way more supportive than the sport seats and actually comfortable enough that he ordered them. Was told during the tour they are currently producing six MC20s per day and finishing up the last run of coupes before starting on the 2023 spiders.

· Registered
49 Posts
By last run of coupes, did he mean the last 2022 coupes? Did they tell him what the production breakdown on 2023 would be, is it 50/50 coupe/cielo?
yes
By last run of coupes, did he mean the last 2022 coupes? Did they tell him what the production breakdown on 2023 would be, is it 50/50 coupe/cielo?
yes, last run of 2022 Coupes which mine will be one of!! . Regarding production numbers he was told they will build to meet market demand. So if that means more of one than the other say for example 70% spider vs 30% coupe, that's what they will produce.

· Registered
49 Posts
I think honestly the racing buckets may be holding this car back from selling. Not sure why you would want them unless your primary use is going to be for track days. I'm going to guess the vast majority of MC20 owners will be using it as the GT street car Maserati intended.

· Registered
49 Posts
Absolutely right, my dealer said I have a 1% chance, but I figure I'd at least try. I'll be perfectly happy w the sofas if I don't get it anyway.

I did ask about whether he thought there would be a hybrid or just straight to full EV and he thought they wouldn't be doing a hybrid as the new granturismo and grecale are also only going to have ICE and pure EV and no hybrid option. Disappointing if this turns out to be true...this chassis could handle an 800-850 hp hybrid powertrain like a 296.
Friend of mine that visited the Maserati factory a few weeks ago was also told they will be going full EV next with no hybrid option.

· Registered
49 Posts
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Terrestrial plant

due to a last minute allocation of remaining 22' coupes my order was quickly processed and car produced. Just received this update from my SA and appears car will be delivered to port in Maryland by 10/26! From there I'm guessing another 2 Weeks before delivery to my dealer. Pretty crazy and waited over 11 months for a car to be delivered from Porsche.

· Registered
49 Posts
So spoke w my dealer today, my car has been built and is sitting in a warehouse waiting to go to port. Way ahead of schedule, it had been estimated for april delivery! He thinks it may sit at the warehouse for a few weeks and then at port for a few weeks, but I may possibly see it in December. Looks like it was finished in the first batch of '23 coupes. Forecast delivery to subsidiary is 11/17.
wow that's awesome and exciting! Since my 22' Coupe finished production in late August/early Sept. they must have immediately jumped into the 23's. My car was also a last minute allocation and based on your delivery was probably one of the last off the line.

· Registered
49 Posts
Any idea when he ordered his?
I believe he place a deposit with his dealer in June. He also had an opportunity to visit the Maserati factory while in Italy for The World Ducati Week which was held end of July. While there he was able to spec his car. At that time he was told his car would be one of the first Cielo's built. He was also given a full plant tour and saw the MC20's being made. Production is set up in it's own building and the cars are mostly being assembled by hand with some robotic assist. Coupes and spiders are on the same line.The Nettuno engine assembly is being done in another separate building and again all by hand. Also appeared that a single tech. was doing the assembly of each engine and followed it down the line. Production rate off the line is six cars per day was told that's the max they can do.

· Registered
49 Posts
My forecast delivery to subsidiary also got pushed to 11/23, we must be scheduled to load onto the same boat. My dealer said it's possible the boat is delayed, as our cars are done and sitting in a warehouse.
pretty crazy! My SA told me Maserati also does the PPI at port of entry so our cars will more than likely be processed together and then shipped to our dealers on the same truck.

· Registered
49 Posts
Spoke w my SA today, he said the boat left 11/4, but delivery to port delayed until 1st week in Dec, given holidays he'd be surprised if we see the cars this year, probably going to be early Jan.
sounds like our cars may not be on the same boat. How did your dealer confirm when boat actually left port and that your car was on it? My car was supposedly shipped to port end of Sept. Delivery to port in MD has been delayed three times with latest now showing 11/25.

· Registered
49 Posts
He confirmed on the maserati dealer system, he's going to send me a screen cap when he's back at the store tomorrow. He said the vehicle in transit from subsidiary to dealer date is marked now as 11/4 (left port in Italy).
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Pattern

now I'm totally confused!! Look at photo tracking my car and how would you interpret this? So if my car left the factory on 9/27 the forecast delivery to subsidiary is showing 11/22 which is 2 months later. So if this is correct your 2023 was on a boat before my 2022? And we still don't have confirmed date when vehicle in transit from subsidiary to dealer (left port in Italy).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts