Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered my MC20 the day they released the allocations. No idea when it will be delivered. I was 3 of 4 allocations at my dealership. There’s not much info from the dealership regarding when the build starts either, much less when it will be delivered.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did CS brakes, the more subtle rims, full carbon interior, carbon rear spoiler, blind spot, limited slip, stitched trident on the seats, yellow calipers and a front lift. It is blue with two tone blue and black leather and yellow calipers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finally, I heard from the Maserati factory for the first time since ordering my MC20. I got a nice letter from the factory welcoming me to the family and they sent me a beautiful print that is peal white matte color like the car. the letter also said said they would be following up regularly with updates once production starts.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was at the dealership today. They said they would be getting their first car probably next month. They said mine was number 2 and it should be here before the end of the year. I can’t wait to see the first one in person.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Stunning!
I’m a few weeks away from taking delivery of mine. What do you think of it?
I love the car. It’s much more beautiful in person. Still getting used to the LCD rear view mirror. It kinda whacks my vision going from looking out in front of my car then focusing on a basically a computer screen. The car is a super quick. It handles great. Not as loud as my Ferrari Roma, but some really cool turbo sounds compensate for that. Transmission is awesome. It is supper fast and very smooth. I think Maserati hit a home run with this car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
same color as the one I have on order.. did you receive any notice? as far as production has started or its here come pick it up?
I did get a call from the dealer when it went to production. They can see on the dealer web page what the production code is. Later they informed me the day it shipped. Then I call when it hit the port here in the us.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congratulations, BluMC20. The more you drive this car the more you appreciate it. Its an excellent daily supercar. Enjoy
I drove it to work today. And you are correct. The more I drive it, the more I appreciate it. It was so funny reading all the negative posts about the car before anyone had one. What a great driver. And really, that is what it is all about.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really excited on the exterior of the car.. kind bummed on the interior of the car I feel that could have done better on that at this cost. I have been looking into ordering a audi rs q8.. I have been told if I order a 2023 I should be able to get it within 6 or 7 months
Regarding the interior, I guess it is all personal preference. I absolutely love the interior of the MC20. It is clean and simple. The steering wheel is perfect. I have full leather seats as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like everyone has the same negative experience with Glenview Imports. Had the first deposit they took on the new Cielo. They were happy to take my 10k. Called me today to say they have an allocation, but there will be a 100k ADM!!!
Are you kidding me!
I dont have a problem with dealer mark ups if that is what the market demands, but it should be disclosed before they take your money. To hold your deposit and then revise an offer is purely unacceptable.
Called Maserati corporate to let them know how their dealers are behaving.
Maserati is constantly talking about what an important market the US is for them. For a company trying to break back in to the exotic world, they sure dont act like it.
Have purchased several ferraris, lamborghini etc and have never been treated like this. From the first deposit I made with Ferrari, they honored their word every time. You wait your turn, pay MSRP and enjoy your car. Waiting on my 296GTS currently. That is how you build relationships.
Even my deposit on a Corvette ZO6 was handled better, with a numbered deposit and confirmation of sale at MSRP.
MC20 is a beautiful car, but a year from now when they are sitting on the resale market, Maserati will be wondering how they failed to gain traction in the USA.
Dont trust the guys at Glenview....
You can take Lamborghini off the list. I ordered an Ultimae last year and the dealship came to me at build time asking for $150k over sticker. I told them I was done with Lamborghini. Lamborghini North America said they couldn’t help me either. By the way, I got my MC20 for sticker. So, I guess some dealerships are reputable than others. I did have to sign something stating that I wouldn’t sell the cr for the first year without first offering back to them for what I paid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Masersti corporate being unhappy with customers turning their cars is consistent with what I’ve heard as well. Having recently taken delivery of my car, I’m not quite sure why a true car enthusiast would flip it so soon, as it’s an amazing vehicle; simply an everyday super car. Certainly if one is a big Ferrari or Lamborghini enthusiast and has a few of those cars, then buying an MC20 was just a simple arbitrage play…understandable. Other than that, it’s hard to see why someone sells it for a $50k gain after having it for a few weeks (I get the ROI as a percentage of purchase price, but what does one buy in place of that, that’s in a similar price range, and hasn’t been on the market for many years)? The $230 to $250 range is a bit unique, if you’re buying new.
Let’s run the real numbers on buying an MC20 for $250k sticker and flipping it for $50k over sticker.
dealer fee - $1000
title fee - $250
Sales tax (7%) - $17,500
Short term capital gain tax on $50k profit (40 % tax rate) - $20,000

That leaves $11,250.

So, hardly worth the the effort.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the standard leather seats. I think they are very supportive and I really like them. From past experience, I would never own a car with a one piece fixed racing seat. Ouch! Only 20 minute drivers at best. There was a time on the Lamborghini SVJs, where the ones with the racing seats were offered at a big discount over the ones with the comfort seats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts