Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Bianco Audace with blue calipers, blue interior, suspension lifter, heated seats, headrest stitching, auto dimming mirrors, mirror birdcage wheels, ELSD, and blind spot alert.

I believe #58 in ordering system but who knows. They initially told me July delivery but I’m thinking October so I don’t get too anxious.
Where is everyone located? Northern Virginia here....
What I know so far...
My car: Grigio Mistero with Carbon roof (note when you order the car, there we’re some options that weren’t on the online configurator.
Date Order was Placed: Last October.
Price: Sticker, although Fiat group allows dealers to price vehicles as they see fit.
Delivery: I was originally told Q4, and the GM doesn’t have any updated ETA although he routinely checks with corporate. I was also told that it doesn’t depend upon when the car was ordered (I was pretty early in the queue, as they hadn’t even completed the east coast tour of the car), but that production would depend more upon the color you ordered and how many were ordered; I.e., they’d produce all the white cars, then grey cars (wishful thinking on my part), and so on, so it could be a wait if you drew the wrong stick on color.
Production: I was told 300 to 400 world-wide...my estimate is 150 come to the US based on the number of dealers here and dealers getting an allocation of 0 to 4 cars depending upon size of dealership (some averaging). I was also told earlier this month that due to the low vol that the chip shortage shouldn’t be a factor (fingers crossed). Car has been sold out world-wide for several months.
Personal: I haven’t been this excited about a car in 20 years and find myself feeling very lucky to have secured a car, especially as I had no businessman or person relationship with the dealer prior to the MC20.

· Registered
119 Posts
Looks absolutely fantastic!
Thank you! I’m champing at the bit waiting for it…it was a special event where my son and I spent over two hours at the dealership obsessing over every detail with the GM who was incredibly helpful (after I had spent two hours the week before with the GM).

I just noticed 74 Merak in your profile…that’s insane…if you have a pic or two, I’d love to see (if that’s not cool to do as this is the MC20 thread, then I understand—I don’t want to upset anyone).

· Registered
119 Posts
I was one of one allocation at my dealer. Last week the dealers received notice as to when their cars would be built…I’m in February, which is believed to be the middle third of the build schedule. You may want to contact your dealer as they should have an update by now, especially as you are obviously with one of the highest-volume dealers (based upon allocation which I’m told is zero to a max of four cars).

· Registered
119 Posts
What is your spec?
What is your spec?
Grigio exterior, Nero/Grigio alcantara interior, carbon roof (I was told all cars had to have black painted or carbon roofs for the first run), the controversial birdcage wheels 🤣, Maserati blue calipers to match the starter button, blind spot alert, Maser trident stitched headrest.

I’m coming from a long list of 911s and R8s, so this is my first “bella macchina!” Pic attached!

Attachments

· Registered
119 Posts
I ordered last Sept. I was notified by my dealer 3-4 weeks ago that I could get the car in late Q4 if I removed the carbon fiber roof from my build. I wanted the roof so they tell me it wont be delivered until likely March.
Interesting…I wondered that, as I ordered a carbon fiber roof as well. My build is Feb, so I’m thinking May delivery (US).

· Registered
119 Posts
I've heard that 400-450 number for 2021...the real question is, is that world wide produciton or just US deliveries? Any source to confirm how many are coming to US/North America?
I “vaguely” recall discussing with my dealer last year, (emphasis on the vague recall) and it being 300-400 world-wide. Using some simple math and the allocation levels per dealer that we discussed I came up with about 150 hitting the US. Even if somehow that number’s off by 2x, it puts the car in pretty rarefied territory in terms of production.

· Registered
119 Posts
If they have a hit on their hands....be foolish not to make more.
Maybe…Maserati wants to be thought of like Ferrari (not my opinion, just one of those involved with Masersti). That certainly implies exclusivity. But the Ferrari reference aside, take the Ford GT…6,500 people applied for the new model, and Ford increased production to…250 units per year. There will be thousands of people who never get a car, so while on the surface, I’d agree that it seems rationale to build more if you can sell more, it may be something they don’t want to do at all. Personally, I think it will be a hit, and I can’t wait for mine; however, I’d not be opposed to Masersti severely limiting production! LOL

· Registered
119 Posts
Maybe…Maserati wants to be thought of like Ferrari (not my opinion, just one of those involved with Masersti). That certainly implies exclusivity. But the Ferrari reference aside, take the Ford GT…6,500 people applied for the new model, and Ford increased production to…250 units per year. There will be thousands of people who never get a car, so while on the surface, I’d agree that it seems rationale to build more if you can sell more, it may be something they don’t want to do at all. Personally, I think it will be a hit, and I can’t wait for mine; however, I’d not be opposed to Masersti severely limiting production! LOL
After seeing Merak1974’s comment and looking up production numbers of certain models of Ferrari, I’ve changed my mind…I agree, they will probably up production a few fold if it sells well.

· Registered
119 Posts
My RHD UK car is currently in build but won't complete before the factory shutdown. Looking like the back part of September for it to arrive at the dealer.

The dealer is receiving a display car in blue next week so that will have to keep me going!
It would be great to hear your thoughts on the car once you see it...I missed seeing the MC20 by about a day on the US East Coast tour last year, and so far, my dealer isn't getting a car anytime soon (he received an allocation of one, so it looks like I will see the car for the first time when mine arrives)!

· Registered
119 Posts
Yes, I will post pics soon.
Some pics would be great! Also, a couple questions, if you don’t mind…
1. Initial impressions?
2. From the time your car went into production, how long did it take to arrive (my car officially went into prod this week)? Like most who ordered (I believe), I’ve never seen the car or talked directly to anyone who has; needless to say, any direct impressions you can provide would be appreciated!

· Registered
119 Posts
Yes, my dealer has been on top of the order, build, inspection process, etc. Information is communicated via a series of codes. I don’t have all the information, but if I recall correctly, the big one is 85 which means the car has been built and off to inspection. Then there are codes for when it gets shipped, when it’s unloaded and transported to a US facility for more inspections, etc. Your dealer can look up the status of your car on his system each day and tell you the status based upon the code that is shown. I believe this is true for all Maseratis ordered by a dealer, not just the MC20’s.

I’m not sure the average sales person has access to the status system, so you may need to work with the GM or head of sales, if you aren’t already. Your car may be in production for example, but they may figure it’s a moot point until production is finished (which can take longer than anticipated), so they may not have communicated that to you. I agree that transparency is really helpful, especially as these cars take a long time to get built and reach the customer. I know that my dealer has pretty limited information from the factory (so his hands are a bit tied); however, he’s been extremely communicative and transparent about all the details—I’ve been impressed with my dealer.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts