Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '02 CC just came out of warranty and I am being sorely tempted by a new MCV sitting on the showroom floor at the Orlando, Florida, dealership. It's been outfitted with a Tubi, stickers at $120k +/- plus "about $3k" more for the Tubi (or they offered to put the stock exhaust back on). The dealer casually mentioned I might get a $7k discount. I was thinking of offering $110k including the Tubi. Too generous? Too lowball?

As an aside, there is also a smaller dealership closer to me, in Tampa, Florida, but I get the impression that Tampa Maser is just an appendage to their much larger Porsche operation (same building for sales, only a few Masers on the floor, Porsche service dept takes care of Maser) while the Orlando operation is a real Maseratti-Ferrari dealership. Anyone with experience, good or bad, at either spot? Tampa is about 50 miles and Orlando around 120 from where I live, so it's 1 vs 2 hours away.

Then again, if I keep my '02, we've got a well-respected Ferrari mechanic right here in my home town who I'm sure could just as well service my Maser, now that the warranty is over. Any thoughts on dealer vs non-dealer post-warranty service?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
You'll definitely be able to get at least $10K off. Factor in the labor for swapping the exhausts, and you might get your $110K price without further haggling.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I faced the same problem

with my 03 coupe , I've decided to keep it hoping to get the new body style in 2 years. if your car has been working well, keep it. You know your car more than anyone else, I see from this board that these engines are very reliable and can get 56-60 k miles without major problems.
I kept my car because it had only 13k miles, yellow color and tubi but never had a chance to consider the MCV.

·
Registered
681 Posts
DEAL

Tell John Sliman over there that Kevin @ MVP said to give you the car for $110k with the Tubi!

Central Florida never had the best prices but their service is awesome and they really care about you after the sale.

What salesman are you dealing with over there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin's MCV Deal, also Maser track time?

The sales guy was Foster Cangialosi. Real nice and accomodating. It was Saturday and he was there alone, so I didn't want to take up too much of his time. But with Kevin's permission, I may drop Sliman's name and John's referral to help make a deal.

I also noticed there is a new MCV on eBay that apparently can be had for $90K. I think this shortened URL should link to it: http://snipurl.com/12lpk It's not my first choice of color (black), but it is here in Florida, close enough to drive home. Another temptation to ponder. I've queried the seller on some items and am awaiting his/her reply.

Besides money (and loyalty to a car I love), the only other reason I'm considering keeping my '02 is because I'm planning on taking it to some track events - I think they call it high performance driving school for insurance reasons - at Sebring in Florida, and maybe elsewhere. I've joined Chin Motor Sports club, and they organize various track times around the east coast, including Florida. I'd have significant reservations taking a new MCV out like that, but maybe I shouldn't hesitate. Any thoughts on this, including any experience with Chin?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Marc,

Personally for me the extra money would not be worth an MC-V but that's just me. Especially if you're taking a big hit on your Coupe. I would keep the 02 and enjoy it, you can even spend the extra $ for extra pads & tires for the track and even modifications to your car if that's your cup of tea. I sold my 02 and bought an 06 but looking back on it, I wish I would have just kept the 02 this entire time, but I also paid $70k for my 06 so it was much easier to justify than a 6 figure MC-V.

However that's my take on it, the MC-V may be worth the extra money to you and the warranty may give you a piece of mind. Do what you want with your money.

You have my permission to use me as a referral at the Central Florida dealer, tell Trent Santos in parts I said hi if you run across him, he's a good guy to deal with also for parts.

I've never dealt with Foster but heard many positive things.

That one for $90k looks like a good deal may even be able to negotiate it further and it's a private seller so no incentive for profit.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tubi

May I know if there is any difference in the sound produced from tubi outfitted on MCV and the normal Gransport?
At the same time, is it possible to produce similar exhaust note which growls and howls at the end of the rev-band?

Thanks
Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts