Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to ALL.

Newbie here with questions for you Maser gurus.

I don't have a Maser yet but I'm looking to get into one in the near future.

Recent drop in price for these Coupes and GS's have made these beautiful cars starting to be even more attractive. I know someone here said it before that it does not cost much to get one of these cars but it takes a lot to properly maintain them. I'm aware, prepared and familiar with the maintenance cost for these Italian exotics. I'm just trying to learn more about GranSport vs. MC Victory and decide which would be the right car for me. Hoping to hear from you real owners out there about your experiences.

I intend to use this car as my daily driver (mostly highway with some local commute driving and no track use).

Is there suspension difference between GS and MCV? Would a MCV be too stiff for daily use?

Those sport seats (with deep side bolsters) in MCV look real nice but would they be difficult to get in and out of (based on daily use)?

If things break, would MCV parts be more difficult to obtain than a "regular" GS?

How reliable are these cars? I have other cars to get me around in case of a break down but just don't like the hassle for bringing the car to and from the shops.

Any advice or comments is welcome. TIA.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
When I bought my GS a MCV was almost $20k more expensive, that's why I got the GS instead. But if you have the means, go for the MCV because it's more exclusive, so there's a chance that it will depreciate less. Also, those seats are very cool!

Maintenance will be the same for both, since they are the same car, aside from the cosmetics changes.

A couple of things to consider:

-No power seats- it shouldn't be a big deal unless more than one person often drives the car;

-No heated seats- No problem in SoCal;

-Alcantara finishing (dashes, steering and etc)- a little harder to maintain.

You can't go wrong with either one, I use my GS every single day, and love it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your quick reply, Niteroi.

There are only 50 (out of 180) MCV's in the states...is that right?

Exclusiveness is a double-edged sword....if you know what I mean ;)

So, are GS and MCV basically the same car mechanically? Only differences are cosmetic and interior finishes?

-No power seats- No problem as I'll be the ONLY driver of this car;

-No heated seats- No problem in SoCal (this IS the reason I moved here);

-Alcantara finishing (dashes, steering and etc)- a little harder to maintain- No problem, no kids and no ice cream will be allowed in. That's what mom's SUV is for. :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
So go for it!:)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised how low the prices are, $60k for a MCV?!?!

IMO the darker colors look best, I don't like the contrast between the black CF front spoiler and the front of the car, it makes it too "thin", like the older Coupes...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Did a quick search on the net.

There are 4 MCV's for sale currently:

Blue MCV (#73)

Black MCV (#61)

Silver MCV with yellow calipers (#54)

Silver MCV with red calipers

Does anyone here have info on any of the above?
the PP one and scottsdale one have been on the market for more than a few months.

isn't it nice? these gorgeous MCV have such low mileages.

IMO these are the best year (02-06) of coupe to get. unless you want manual.

i wouldn't mind to have an MCV as a daily driver.

·
Registered
824 Posts
One minor comment, the MCV front spoiler looks like it would be pretty easy to take out on parking barriers etc. If you can avoid those you should be fine.

The MCV seats are quite narrow. If you are plus sized (or very tall and HWP) you won't fit. I think they'd be fine as a daily driver if you can get in them in the first place.

Personally, a GS with the full leather option would be the choice I'd make if I was going away from the vintage coupe.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the PP one and scottsdale one have been on the market for more than a few months.
Any reason why they're sitting there for so long? Accidents? Salvage titles? Flood cars?

Any one here previous owners to those cars??

What's a fair price for that blue MCV (car #73)? $77K I think is way too much for it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It's hard to justify paying the premium over a GS to get the MCV.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
It's hard to justify paying the premium over a GS to get the MCV.
i can say, i would pay over at least $5k for a MCV over a same year 2006 GS.

the additional parts alone are more than that.

the MC12 seats are fabulous, unless you are overweight or you are over 200 lbs, or you live in the artic circle.

the CF aero and paddle shifter alone is worth over a few thou.

for those who want an exquisite version of an exquisite car, this is the Coupe to get.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
When I bought my GS the MCV was more than $20k over!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I agree with M!, the MCV is definitely worth the price difference.

The seats are fantastic and just the paddles will set you back a couple of grand, unless you get something non-OEM which is about $500.

·
Registered
141 Posts
As already stated they are essentially the same car. Glenn is correct that the carbon fiber chin spoiler could pose a problem and possibly be difficult to replace, forget about repairing. If the prices are that close, I would get it just to be different. Good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts