Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been interested in getting one? I just lined one up for about $1600 shipped (1150US). You can get fiberglass or carbon fiber. Maybe we can set up a group buy deal since I have the manufacturer/dist on whatsapp.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't placed the order just yet. They just sent me the invoice. Should be placing it this week. Shipping time will take a month on the boat tho.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,526 Posts
Is that OEM or one of those aftermarket ones from China?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's aftermarket from China. They sent me pics installed on some buyers cars. I wouldn't have guessed it's aftermarket if it was never mentioned. And I can pick subtle differences amongst objects quite well. Worth a shot for the price. Initial shipping quote was $1000USD but I was able to get it down to $400 by sea as there is a port about 25 mins from my place where I can pick it up from.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just paid the deposit. Turnaround time is 10-15 days for production. I ordered fiberglass since I plan on color matching with the rest of the car. It'll probably be about 1.5-2 months before it's here and installed so I'll be sure to post once it's in.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Good Luck Speed I'm excited for you brother! (y)

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
562 Posts
I'd like to see fitment and having seen a lot in the past, with the attendant problems of return and exchange for bad fits, I'm weary but I'm hoping the best for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Indeed, I would also like to see the carbon fiber version installed with close up pix on figment gaps, mounting, etc.
Thx!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm getting the fiberglass just because I want it color matched with the body. I will be sure to post once it's installed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Changed my mind, going with carbon fiber. Just in the nick if time because they were getting ready to produce mine. I felt like if I didn't get carbon, I'd regret it. I know I won't regret fiberglass over carbon fiber.

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
162 Posts
no worries you can paint the top section i feel it would depend on car colour and you style mine is painted on top and carbon underside i like paint and shine

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I have grigio granito so I think the carbon fiber would look good with it. When I decide to change the color, it'll be by way of vinyl or liquid wrap, neither which are permanent. My other consideration with going with carbon is that I will have to get the fiberglass one painted on arrival anyways. The difference in price between fiberglass and carbon would probably offset that anyways so I'm better off with CF. Then it's simply unbox, bolt on.

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
162 Posts
great you are on point when i was looking that route i learned of that way to go

1 - 20 of 125 Posts