Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new to masaratii.

I'm looking at buying a masarati grand tourismo 2009 mc shift s.

Can this car be driven in an automatic mode ? that is you don't have to use the padels? I have a bit of stop start traffic around - will this system be ok?

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new to masaratii.

I'm looking at buying a masarati grand tourismo 2009 mc shift s.

Can this car be driven in an automatic mode ? that is you don't have to use the padels? I have a bit of stop start traffic around - will this system be ok?
It can, but it will eat your clutch.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
+1 with Dave. I think the only caveat being that you could use the automatic mode until you get used to driving the car manual. Afterwards you won't want it in automatic mode anyway.

Make sure you do a cost analysis as well. Depending on how long you plan to keep the car factor in replacement costs for the clutch when purchasing the car. You might actually be better off with the ZF transmission if you like a hassle free drive. Just my thoughts....

·
Registered
461 Posts
+1 with Dave. I think the only caveat being that you could use the automatic mode until you get used to driving the car manual. Afterwards you won't want it in automatic mode anyway.

Make sure you do a cost analysis as well. Depending on how long you plan to keep the car factor in replacement costs for the clutch when purchasing the car. You might actually be better off with the ZF transmission if you like a hassle free drive. Just my thoughts....
Without question the ZF will be less hassle.

But who buys a maser for hassle free driving?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts