Maserati Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For me, this is best looking Alfa right now. I know the Giulia isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the looks are so mean and aggressive.

I had a chance to drive a Giulia QV for a week as a loaner and it was outstanding! In my opinion, it is the most fun Italian daily-driver I can think of.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The 8C reincarnate that went stillborn is essentially the MC20 you are looking at.... based on what I was told.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,584 Posts
You know how a random song runs through your head, and as soon as you get in the car it’s playing on the radio ? Well, I think this thread mentioning the 8 C caused the same inexplicable cosmic effect ; I saw one today ! Was very close behind it so there was no mistake it was the 8C competizione ( coupe ) but I thought none of those were exported to the US market..?! Either I am wrong ( it happens on rare occasions :rolleyes: :giggle: ) or, this one was maybe a stand alone import by the owner ..

Post edit : Looks like I was right..about being wrong ; 95 coupes went to the US market .

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a chance to drive a Giulia QV for a week as a loaner and it was outstanding! In my opinion, it is the most fun Italian daily-driver I can think of.
I might be a bit biased, but I absolutely agree.

(Yes, it's not a QV, it's the 2.0. But the statement still stands, car is an absolute blast.)

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,584 Posts
Completely agree, front license plates destroy the aesthetics of sports cars. Idiotic regulation. But then again, we probably lead the U.S. in that domain ...
Now, FWIW, hardened criminal that I am 🙃, I have driven in this state for forty years without a front plate on my Porsches ,and in all of this time I was pulled over only once and given a “fix-it” citation. Five citation-free years with the Maserati. And observing the traffic at least here in the Bay Area, I would say that at least 75 % of Corvettes, Porsches, Audi R8s, 99% of Ferraris, and lately the same with McLarens, do NOT have front plates. Other cars also, many BMWs.

Funny story about my fix-it ticket; I mounted the plate on a frame, but I put the frame on with 3M tape and then took it to a local highway patrol station for the visual inspection and sign-off. Luck was with me that day, the officer was a very nice ( and flirty ) lady who looked at the car for two seconds, signed the ticket, and after it thanked her and ready to get back in the car she said , with a knowing smile on her face : “ Do me a favor : wait until after you leave our parking lot and out of the security cameras range before you take that thing off “
I wish they would clone her and populate all the traffic law enforcement in this state with that kid of officers, who focus on real violations and ignore insignificant, lame regs.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,584 Posts
Yup, stupidity run amok. But, other countries are way ahead of us in this respect so we’re only joining what seems to be an increasing trend.
Watch a mad rush to buy fuel cars in 2034 ( and in years preceding that ) which people can drive until the wheels fall off for another 20 to 30 years before they have to buy a new car..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Plates would be fine if the US would go to the thin Euro plates instead of our blobs of metal. The plate readers are doing an amazing job catching car thieves, non registered, criminals etc. Small price to pay for a technology that is doing a lot of good. I had a nice conversation with a statey a few years back when I got pulled over for no plate. I became a believer that day as EVERYTHING he said made sense.

8C ugly? you looking in a mirror????
4C ugly??? Aztek fan???

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
511 Posts
Sorry to trigger all you Alfa fan boys but the last good looking Alfa was the Spider and I love the Duetto but modern Alfas with the obsession of making that bird beak super prominent doesn't do it for me.

Aesthetics being highly subjective, I find it surprising that this crowd of all crowds resorting to personal attacks instead of reasonable responses respecting difference of opinions when it comes to car design.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts