Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to post this here, to discuss w/ my GT peeps. BTW, I still have my '17 MC Cabrio and on fence now about selling. This MC 20, will catapult the marque in a great light. Did you guys see these vids? I think I saw a thread in which PSB said something to the likes of Ferrari not going V6. FYI, i'm deep in the Ferrari world now, since my 458 purchase and they surely are! I think they are testing the waters w/ this here. I must say, this MC 20 is stunning in and out.....

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
967 Posts
Just watch JWW review....I am liking the car more and more.
One design error I see they will nee to chane before Doug DeMuro get a hold of it is:

New molded inserted door handle grooves into the carbon door molds....notice at around 5:10 forward there is no way to shut the doors without touching the outside painted door...yet there is ample space in the black molded carbon fiber to insert a groove for four fingers to grab to shut....

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
967 Posts
Also I notice BridgeStone Tires!!

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,452 Posts
I still think Maserati made a big mistake by not going with a V8. The sound just doesn't measure up to its striking looks. Reminds me more and more of the NSX.

By the time the MC-20 shows up, there's a good chance the C8 Z08 shows up also. It's supposed to have insane power numbers along with a screaming flat-plane, mid-engine V8.

It's crazy to think that we're living at a time when an American car maker is producing engines more "Italian" than even some Italians. Lol.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The V8 is a dinosaur just like the 12's became. Not saying they aren't cool its just that we can make MORE power with smaller motors now. Smaller lighter motors make for better all round performance. Let's face it, our heavy front ends don't exactly make the GTS lively at the limit. I have as much cornering prowess on my favorite 50-60mph exit ramps in my Stelvio as the GTS!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's more than just power, it's about the SOUND. Would you have bought your GT if it had a V6? I certainly would not. (and I think pretty much every GT owner here would feel the same way).

The new NSX has a hybrid V6 and makes a ton of power and does 0-60 in less than 3 sec. So why aren't people buying?.....because it sounds about as good as a coffee maker!

Exotic cars are all about eliciting emotion. Having a powerful motor elicits emotion but so does sound. One without the other is a big letdown.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The day I see Lambo jump on this V-6 trend I'm gonna burn my entire vehicle collection and buy a annual bus pass, the propane powered buses too!!! :sick:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still think Maserati made a big mistake by not going with a V8. The sound just doesn't measure up to its striking looks. Reminds me more and more of the NSX.

By the time the MC-20 shows up, there's a good chance the C8 Z08 shows up also. It's supposed to have insane power numbers along with a screaming flat-plane, mid-engine V8.

It's crazy to think that we're living at a time when an American car maker is producing engines more "Italian" than even some Italians. Lol.
Ha! This is true, but still great for the brand, imo....

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The V8 is a dinosaur just like the 12's became. Not saying they aren't cool its just that we can make MORE power with smaller motors now. Smaller lighter motors make for better all round performance. Let's face it, our heavy front ends don't exactly make the GTS lively at the limit. I have as much cornering prowess on my favorite 50-60mph exit ramps in my Stelvio as the GTS!!
Yeah, but zero substitute for the NA V8 in my 458 Italia. It's a screamer, sounds amazing ( I have a valve controller on exhaust). looks sick and throttle response instantaneous. ;)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yeah, but zero substitute for the NA V8 in my 458 Italia. It's a screamer, sounds amazing ( I have a valve controller on exhaust). looks sick and throttle response instantaneous. ;) View attachment 133507
If your 458 came with a V-6, would you have bought it???

I certainly wouldn't tool around in my buddy's whenever I'm in Seattle...I would just use his Bimmer-LOL
:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
See above post about a vehicles with awesome sounding V6's....according to EVERY media person that has driven them.
The sound was intoxicating but not the only reason I bought the car. I loved the way it drove and the high speed stability. If my GTS had a V6, 450HP and weighed 3500-3600 lbs, I'd love it even more. Then I would take it to the track. presently I know I will annihilate an entire set of front tires at a track event. But I I adore it on the street!!! BTW I will admit I did pull the red hose permanently....
My point was the MC2020 needs to look forward.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your 458 came with a V-6, would you have bought it???

I certainly wouldn't tool around in my buddy's whenever I'm in Seattle...I would just use his Bimmer-LOL
:ROFLMAO:
Noooooooooooooo, I even turned away the idea of a 488 and F8, cause of the turbos! My point about the MC 20, is that I feel it will boost the appeal of Maserati and put it in a better light. Resale values are still crap and the brand went a Vanilla direction w/ the Ghibli and Levante. They needed a new supercar and here it is, albeit w/ a V6. Gotta say, it's quite impressive how much HP they pumped out of a 6!
Here's a few more pics of my "baby". :cool:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See above post about a vehicles with awesome sounding V6's....according to EVERY media person that has driven them.
The sound was intoxicating but not the only reason I bought the car. I loved the way it drove and the high speed stability. If my GTS had a V6, 450HP and weighed 3500-3600 lbs, I'd love it even more. Then I would take it to the track. presently I know I will annihilate an entire set of front tires at a track event. But I I adore it on the street!!! BTW I will admit I did pull the red hose permanently....
My point was the MC2020 needs to look forward.
???

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Noooooooooooooo, I even turned away the idea of a 488 and F8, cause of the turbos! My point about the MC 20, is that I feel it will boost the appeal of Maserati and put it in a better light. Resale values are still crap and the brand went a Vanilla direction w/ the Ghibli and Levante. They needed a new supercar and here it is, albeit w/ a V6. Gotta say, it's quite impressive how much HP they pumped out of a 6!
Here's a few more pics of my "baby". :cool: View attachment 133519 View attachment 133520 View attachment 133521 View attachment 133522
That's definitely a beauty... Here's my buddy's.
Ferrari 458.jpg

Reactions: tasnam

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What I love about my F430 spider is that it retains the glass window to view that beautiful engine!

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
IMO, if the power generated by the V8 was close enough ( let’s say no more than 15% less hp and torque than the Nettuno..) I think the sales ratio would probably be 90 % the V8, and 10% the 6. I believe the overwhelming majority of people who buy a $ 250 K super sports car, could not care less about fuel economy, or the negligible difference in the carbon footprint produced by one engine vs. the other . Emphasis on IMO ..

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
250K of MY money, I dang sho ain't going green!
The only color I would be interested in is RED with a FULL symphony behind me... ;)
RED.PNG

1 - 20 of 37 Posts