Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After today's flat tire in the GT and the headache that followed I'm yet another step closer to trading in this bucket of hassles. The E-series AMG has always appealed to me. It has an impressive balance of class and insane performance.

Any experiences or thoughts you'd want to share? Or if not the E63, what else? I'm addicted to GT power and handling (I could give up a little of the handling) so I'm not looking for a Buick.

(just realized it's a 63, not 65)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the hassles that I remember so far are the dealer attitude, the trunk opening, the battery and now the flat tire. Are these enough to ditch the GT and buy another car?

I had issues with the battery once and a few warning linked to the gas cap that had to be changed. But overall these issues (or yours) would not push me to sell the car. Or is there something else that we do not know?

The E-63 is a fantastic performer. But my opinion is that it does not have the class and sexiness that the GT has, and by a wide margin. Day and night between the 2 models.

Actually I would even choose a Ghibli over an E (Ghibli V8 soon for top performances).

Are these "hassles" really worth trading the car?

Whatever we may say on this Forum, at the end it is your choice and only yourself knows what is best for you. Carpe Diem...

:cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
The E63 is a nice car.

You'll get there with the MB, you will ARRIVE when your drive up in the Maserati....:thumbsup:

Just apples to oranges.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The E63 is a nice car.

You'll get there with the MB, you will ARRIVE when your drive up in the Maserati....:thumbsup:

Just apples to oranges.
'Nuff Said! :2thumbsup:

I too agree with Sunshine. Is there something else that we've missed??

·
Registered
503 Posts
Have to agree. The E63 is fantastic, but I much prefer the soul of a Maserati as a temporary departure from the doldrums of day to day insanity.

Nick

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The E63 is a nice car.

Just apples to oranges.
I'm not at all interested in feeling like I've arrived, it's entirely about the car and how I would (or would not) connect with it. How it drives from the standpoint of performance. How reliable it is. How excited I will be to drive it each day. Given, the Mas is a driver's car, and the E63 is aiming to cover more bases. So it's initial driving impressions as compared to a GT that I'm seeking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
maser/merc

get the benz and keep the maser (its the 3pedal right?) i don't get the flat tire... the masers have hit rock bottom values and are kinda flatlining... don't see that changing for a while. i have 3 mercs but would be hard pressed to give up the maser

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
E63 or Maserati?

I have a 2014 E63 AMS-S, white, carbon fiber, all the fixings. I own it maybe 9 months and I am a bit bored. I knew this would happen. It is a great car, super poweful, sexy, etc... but its not the head turner that a Maserati is, lacks the total sexiness and sports car feel. Can it to 0-60 in 3.2 seconds? Yeah, but I am bored with it already and just traded it in for a 2014 Maserati MC Sport. I know the benz is faster, but its not about the speed. I have a passion for cars, I am hoping this satisfies my itch for a while! Like another guy said, in a benz you get where you are going, in a Maserati you have arrived. Super excited :)

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really have no interest in what anyone else things of my car, and the head-turning doesn't do anything for me anymore either, so it's really a pure comparison I was hoping for.

I've had Mercs and understand their appeal, and I can see that that appeal is quite different than that of a Maserati or other performance car, but since the E63 is a bit of a hybrid, with some of the best aspects of each category, I had to ask.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Then based on what you've mentioned have you looked at Audi, RS7 with the monster 560HP V8 and the WONDERFUL interior. If they made it in a two door I would have jumped on it and not my BMW 6er. Which brings up the M 650 Grand Coupe. 4 doors 550HP. A real drivers car too.

I still struggle with MB's fit and finish...unless you're going to just lease for 2 years then turn it in when you're done. My recent test drives of Audi have really impressed me.

I may look at the new S concept coupe, however I scratch my head at why MB has lost it's panache... really do we need aroma therapy and mood lighting in cars...?

I like the more direct connected feel of the Audi... but it boils down to personal preference.
If you just want a "fast car that handle great", there are a number of them out there, which cost less and don't kill you on resale like the AMG would.

It is personal preference, which ever way you go...enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts