Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered for the 2 Day Program at Road Atlanta in Septmeber. It certainly looks like a lot of fun. I did a similar thing with Porsche some years ago in Austria. We had a blast and actually learned a lot about the car (1995 C4 Coupe, at that time). The instructors were all past race car drivers of quite some prominence and extremely knowledgeable.

Anyone did the program with Maserati before? Was wondering if you could share your experiences or thoughts. Anyone going in September?

Can't wait to see what the Masers are really capable of on the track :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

·
Registered
773 Posts
maserati track day

went looking for groundhog holes before day was over. no warning on edge. but wait, could it be my lack of experience? 02ccspyder/old man. a lot of bounce on rough track, be careful. it's a touring car, not a race car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just completed the one day program and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. The staff is truly superb and the having the opportunity to drive the cars under track conditions was more than ""educational"...I learned how little I know about high performance driving and how extraordinarily capable these cars truly are.

Don't give it a second thought, just do it!!!

DAB.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A few years back I took the Jim Russell Racing School course on advanced defensive driving (http://www.jimrussellusa.com/drivingcourses/highwaysurvival.php) and it contains much of what's taught in the one-day Master Maserati course (skid pad, threshold braking, high-speed handling and autocross), although they use Mitsubishi Galant sedans. What I learned was most people that have never undergone advanced driving courses use less than 20% of the car's capability, even a car that seems as benign as a Galant. So a sports/touring car like the Maserati would be even surprising, I think, if driven to its limit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all. I am really looking forward to the experience. I already talked to Luccia from Master Maserati and she was tremendously helpful and on the ball. They seem to run a really good operation up there.

When I did the Porsche course it also was a real eye-opener. And Yu is right most people don't approach the limits of those cars at all and you probably shouldn't in traffic anyways. It is reassuring though learning what those cars are capable of should you ever need it.

I'll let you guys know how it went.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts