1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
540 Posts
I hope for the best, of course. Perhaps the guy is a business genius. Maserati really needs that. But, it certainly is unexpected, to say the least, that someone without automotive industry experience was been hired as COO.

BTW: Why is this thread not placed in Maserati Lounge Forum where is obviously belongs?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Was looking for him to be called Al.
Seriously though, he has got the business sense Maserati needs

·
Registered
380 Posts
And he was a Nike shoe salesman to boot. I wonder when Maserati will decide to boycott the US.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Hiring top executives from a different industry is not at all uncommon, and many have proven to be very successful in turning around a struggling company , or even with companies which were doing fairly well, making them much more profitable and relevant. Sure, there have been a few others who failed as well. Nike has been a marketing marvel, becoming one of the most visible symbols in the world and managing to become the biggest seller of grossly overpriced, crappy products . ( IMHO ) Bringing and implementing some fresh thinking to Maserati can’t hurt ..

p.s. at the very least, the interior of the new cars will have very comfortable cushiony seats manufactured at the Dr. Scholl factory >:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stop everyone! These puns are really killing me. From what Ive read he isnt a Loafer. He is an Old Skool kind of guy whos Platform is to Wedge Maserati directly between the Ferrari and Porshe brands. He isnt likely to Flip-Flop like so many others before. Pumps to him!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts