Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone happened to view the season premier of the Lifetime series "Drop Dead Diva", and just also happened to see the "Dolomite Quartz" Spyder pulling around in one scene, it's me. DDD is filmed in the Atlanta area and a few weeks ago were looking for a high-end car to use as the"picture car", as they are called. I submitted and was selected to use the car and work as a background extra. The casting agent was nice enough to permit my wife to join me.

(Incidentally, last season our daughter and her husband's beautiful Ferrari F430 was also used in DDD).

We are also in a couple of the earlier scenes, and were having a super time. That is until around noon when my wife fell on a slippery step and broke her hand! She was transported to a nearby hospital and spent the remainder of her day in the emergency room. Being the trooper that I am, I remained on set, especially since the scene with the car had not shot when the accident occured.

Thankfully she is now fine, and Sony Pictures, the money behind the program, has been nice about covering all of her bills under "Workmen's Comp".

I sort of backed into the extra business. About three months ago my wife saw a morning T.V. show mentioning a film was being shot in Atlanta and they needed cars from the 1970's. We also own two Triumph TR-6's, and I submitted. Both have been used in the movie "Anchorman 2", plus I was an extra in a restaurant scend and drove a '70's era Yellow Cab for a week. Lot's of fun, as well as an opportunity to mingle with quite a few celebrities.

Now I've worked multiple times on eight different productions, including five with the Maserati. The additional productions involving the car are: "Devious Maids" / "Necessary Roughness" / "Let's Be Cops" (Film featuring Daymon Weyans, Jr., etc.) / "Endless Love" (Flim remake of a 1980's Brooke Shield movie). The other productions are: "The Good Lie" with Reece Witherspoon / "Surgeon General" (a CBS pilot).

Anyway, extra work doesn't necessarially pay well, but can be fun. I recommend trying it to anyone who happens to live in an area with film productions. We are fortunate here in Georgia in that the State offers many financial incentives and quite a bit of shooting is done here.
Mike S.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My car was used for part of a music video, that was shot a few months ago, but has not been released yet. I'll post a link if it ever gets finished.

Also about the same time my car was used for a scene in a pilot for a new TV show. Haven't seen that one yet either (the producer said he'd send a link to me). That will never be seen by the public, but I don't care, I got paid already.

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
Well I guess nobody likes the song or my car. Hey it's my 1 year anniversary on here, yay.
I didn't care for the song much but your car looked great. There was even a cameo from a LEMON prius :Tombo:

·
Registered
5 Posts
We watched the French movie Untouchable (we're in UK may have different title in USA).

First it's a good movie (it's got sub-titles whichm makes you use you're brain so that's a good start).

Second a maserati QP GTS plays a significant role in the movie (hell it's in the title sequence). Also the guy who owns the Maserati is cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts