Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at Maseratis for after I graduate (the '03/'04 Coupes). Are these cars very reliable as a daily driver? Also does anyone know about how much insurance for a 21 year old would be?

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Welcome to ML :)

I don't drive my GS every day but I read on here of several people who do and seem to have no problem :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Justin –

You could use an '03 or '04 Coupe as a daily driver. People do it. But, it is still an exotic car and as such may be one of the more expensive daily drivers you could choose. I recently purchased an ’04 Coupe and, although it’s not supposed to be my daily driver (I have a BMW 5 series for that purpose), it’s so dang fun it’s all I want to drive and has essentially become my default daily driver (although I don’t use a car to commute to work). It works fine for me.

But, owning a Maserati, like owning any exotic car, is not an inexpensive proposition. Besides the price of the car, maintenance is significantly more expensive than your average Toyota, depreciation is a significant factor, and gas mileage is abysmal.

But, if you are prepared for the significant financial commitment, you will be repaid with immeasurable happiness every time you hear that Ferrari V8 rev. As you consider your options, read this forum and ask questions so you understand the pros and cons of Maserati ownership and can approach your decision with both eyes open. This forum is a great resource for learning about these cars and was very helpful to me as a considered whether to buy a Maserati. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts