Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can pint me in the right direction to get my hands on the wiring schematics for a 2008 Maserati Quattroporte. I have put in for an account on Maseratitechinfo, but I have not heard back from them. If anyone knows where I can find them it would be greatly appreciated. Specifically, the wiring for the parking brake module, and the TPMS system. Aslo if anyone is in the market for a 2008 Maserati Quattroporte that runs amazing, but has a parking brake light on let me know! Going cheap! Seriously I just want to fix this issue so I can sell the car as I have not been getting enough use out of it.

Thanks

4,243 Posts
That is where you get the schematics...You need to make sure you entered North America as there is two sites and that you are not a franchise...Jason

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm doubting that a wiring diagram will help. Modules communicate through a canbus system, or something like that. Have you scanned for fault codes with a scan tool that can access all the modules? Lots of threads on here about TPMS issues. Have you searched? If your more specific about your issues or fault codes, I'm sure someone here, can get you going in the right direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm doubting that a wiring diagram will help. Modules communicate through a can bus system, or something like that. Have you scanned for fault codes with a scan tool that can access all the modules? Lots of threads on here about TPMS issues. Have you searched? If your more specific about your issues or fault codes, I'm sure someone here, can get you going in the right direction.
As far as the fault codes, I have:

1. C155A, EPB system calibration error, invalid signal
2. C1313, Missing Parking CAN, no symptoms

I have had the EPB module replaced by the dealer with a new one. The old one had the same codes and they were unable to program it. They told me that it would need extensive diagnostics time so I brought it home. The TPMS module is not working, and I can't seem to find a replacement. Do you think the CAN bus error is because it isn't communicating through that? That is why I wanted to get the wiring diagrams, but if they are not going to help with a CAN message, I will save my money. The thing is, the car runs fine, and if I pull up on the parking brake button it applies the emergency brake. So one can assume it is communicating in some way. When I do a "live test" I can see that it is actuating, but I am only getting about 6.9 volts back there. Maybe there is a bad ground somewhere? I appreciate any help or insight from anyone who has had the same issue. I have scoured the forum and haven't seen anyone post questions about the same issue. Thank you

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ok yeah, details always help. When the dealer doesn't know and its complicated issues dealing with modules that may or may not work and may or may not need programming, its super frustrating.
I can't help but hopefully Jason or someone will have more insight.

4,243 Posts
That sounds like something a professional should fix honestly...It obviously wasn't the EPB module because you have the same fault codes...Yes, the modules need good voltage and ground for the CAN bus to function properly...It needs to be checked manually with a DVOM and not looking at data from a scan tool...Honestly, a lot of techs. have trouble fixing network errors because it can be difficult and a lot of them are not all that well versed at it and end up throwing parts at it...That being said...IMO I think it is gonna be pretty hard for a DIY to fix something like that...Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fi
Thanks Jason. They got back to me. I think I put in the Franchise last time. I appreciate it.
Hello, Were you able to track down the schematics? Im trying to help a friend here in Japan. Hes an independent mechanic. Looking for an ABS schematic. I looked at Maseratitechinfo but I'm not sure he has the required information to sign up. If he gets an account can you request specific documents without a subscription? He doesnt mind paying for access but not sure where to look or what to sign up for in order to keep it reasonably economical. He doesnt often work with these vehicles but hes a wizard with diagnostics. Any experience you can share is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2008 QP Automatica
9 Posts
As far as the fault codes, I have:

1. C155A, EPB system calibration error, invalid signal
2. C1313, Missing Parking CAN, no symptoms
I can tell you that much: I have the same errors, but the EPB works fine. What happens when you pull the button while driving?

Regards,
Oliver

1 - 10 of 10 Posts