Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've wondered about the same company - wouldn't mind switching to the seven-spoke wheels (or GS wheels, I suppose - although I'm not sure they would fit on an 02 coupe).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sweet - now I just have to find some GS or 7-spoke wheels. Anyone find a source for OEM wheels other than wheelcollision.com? Judging back the lack of response no one has dealt with that company yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wheels

I had a clk500 the wheels on the dam thing got bent every few months. I got a wheel from these guys it was fine. But some are fixed wheels!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wheels

I have an 06 GS. I have had wheels fixed at wheel collision center. They do a nice job, but you will find that although that have an on-line catalog, they dont actually have those wheels avaialble. I have had all 4 wheels unbent 2 times in 7500 miles. Now i learned one has a crack in it. BBS is the oem - they said i have to go through Maserati dealer.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Has anyone bought from this comapny? I want to change to the Grey Trofeo wheels and this seems like a good way to go since they give you a core replacement for your existing wheels.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/maserati1.htm

Cheers,
the name of the company already scares me.

sorry, i think it is a dumb idea to trading in your good set of original wheels and $2100 for a set of grey wheels, possibly "fully reconditioned".

unless your current set of trofeo wheels are very blemished or damaged, and you want to get them fixed in addition to change the color...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Has anyone bought from this comapny? I want to change to the Grey Trofeo wheels and this seems like a good way to go since they give you a core replacement for your existing wheels.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/maserati1.htm

Cheers,
I have - some years back. It was a particularly bad winter in Washington and the roads in DC were full of potholes. By the end of the season, I had bent rims on all four corners on my classic BMW 6 series. I sent them all to Wheel Collision to have them straightened, polished, & refurbed for about $100 a piece (ok - a while ago). They did a PERFECT job. If my Maser wheels ever need work, that's where I'm sending them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the name of the company already scares me.

sorry, i think it is a dumb idea to trading in your good set of original wheels and $2100 for a set of grey wheels, possibly "fully reconditioned".

unless your current set of trofeo wheels are very blemished or damaged, and you want to get them fixed in addition to change the color...
M!, you have a great point. I think I will save for a new set. The original owner of my GS did hit quite a lot of curbs. driver side front even has a small chunk missing. You don't know how bad the reconditioned wheels were from the Wheel Collision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts