Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 granturismo and had the sticky button issue like everyone else. Maserati finally acknowledged it and will be paying 3500 of 3800 to fix this issue i had to initially go by the dealer to have them submit to maserati. Maserati took a week for approvals and I dropped off today. I will post before and after pics as soon as I get it back. I haven't heard anyone else getting this done so I thought I would pass along. FYI it was not under any kind of warranty and I did not buy from dealer. Thought I would pass along the good news!

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's great that they are taking care of that issue, you are VERY fortunate. Adding to my shock is that your GT is now 11 years old, well past the warranty and "good will" time period. I seriously doubt that Maserati will be performing this repair for everyone who needs it (like me!). Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i'm with 12 cylinders, i highly doubt maserati is going to shell out for everuy 10+ year old car. i recently had an 08 QP get turned down every which way about it, unsurprisingly. you're fortunate.

and the title is misleading, i bet either yourself or someone on your behalf bit the bullet and pressed hard to make this happen. i wouldn't expect this to be the norm.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's great they're going to fix it for you! That must have taken some legwork to get them to do it. Hopefully they will be more open to doing others as well.
I don't suffer from the sticky buttons....yet. But if/when I do, I might need to talk to them and see what they can do.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It would be awesome if they just did it for everyone. Good for the dealers. It would probably be the only way to get me to step foot into their service department. Sometimes it only takes one good experience to get you to come back for more

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Do you have any correspondence from Maserati and / or the dealer about this, which you could share with other forum members who are experiencing the same problem ? I’m thinking they might be able to use it as leverage with Maserati USA ..
Or was everything handled only through verbal communications ?
To say that I’m surprised ( given both the age of the car and not even bought from the dealer on top of that ) would be an understatement, but glad to hear of your success with it . Impressive !

·
Registered
266 Posts
Too good to be true. Probably a wonderful mistake. Maybe someone at maserati usa thought your car was a '19 instead of a '09. There really is no reason for them to do this and I doubt anyone else will be so lucky.

Perhaps you made a big impression on the dealership and they are paying to keep you happy.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
891 Posts
Too good to be true. Probably a wonderful mistake. Maybe someone at maserati usa thought your car was a '19 instead of a '09. There really is no reason for them to do this and I doubt anyone else will be so lucky.

Perhaps you made a big impression on the dealership and they are paying to keep you happy.
Sadly - and I do mean sadly - I would have to agree with this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just called maserati usa directly 8776962737, they make you take it then to dealer to get estimate. Not all dealers refinish the buttons some sublet it to another shop. This maserati dealer near me does it in house. I then had to send mas usa them pic of bill of sale and my reg. They then send in for approval. It really didn't have much to do with the dealership it was maserati usa that coordinated everything. They def knew it was an 09 and I bought it privately. Its still at dealer getting done so ill post pics and receipt when I get it back. I called 2 years ago and they said no, but now they acknowledged it was an issue they said ferrari porsche etc are having same issues w buttons i guess they are same material.. i am in florida too so they get extra sticky in the heat. I get car back tomorrow i will post before and after pics. Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Would be pretty nice if they just included it in a major service as needed or requested. Good will. reason to get service done at dealer etc

1 - 20 of 29 Posts