Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati Unexpectedly Announces New CEO
Filed Under: Auto News, Euro, Maserati September 22nd, 2006 4:52 PM
Karl-Heinz Kalbfell is out at Maserati. The automaker’s parent company, Fiat, announced today that Roberto Ronchi will take Kalbfell’s place as CEO of the Italian exotic. According to Automotive News, the change was unexpected, as the automaker was setting up interviews with Kalbfell for the Paris show next week.

Ronchi has been with Fiat since 2002, working first as Maserati’s commercial director, then moving on to tackle other marketing tasks within the company.

Ronchi joined Fiat in 2002 as commercial director for Maserati before assuming additional responsibilities for marketing, the company said in a statement.

The transition takes effect immediately.

·
Registered
278 Posts
And apparantly it was very unexpected even for Maserati since Maserati was sceduling interviews for kalbfell at the upcoming Paris motor show.......Any knows where he went?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i would imagine he was scooped up by another luxury brand... or may be back at RR.

now as for ronchi, i wonder if his previous exp can help expand the brand. sure he can move a few chivas; but can he keep the QP and GS' momentum?

also, who is the design director for maserati now? Frank Stephenson has moved up and Ferrari has donato coco.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yep, saw it yesterday at the official Maserati website. Dunno, looks peculiar as they are in the midst of a new launch. Talking of Stephenson, even Ken Okuyama (designer of the QP) was just sacked from Pininfarina (less than 2 weeks ago, and "...as a result of the various external activities Ken Okuyama was carrying out beyond his responsibilities within Pininfarina," clearer than water.)

Just as a sideline, you might want to have a look at this piece on Stephenson,

http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/110505.html

Who knows, maybe they call Giugiaro back (!) Lots of moves in a very short space of time.

On Ronchi, as Maser official site puts it, he is "...replacing Karl-Heinz Kalbfell, who is leaving the Group to pursue other interests" ending with "Fiat thanks Mr Kalbfell for his significant contributions to the development of both Alfa Romeo and Maserati and wishes him success in his future endeavours." Typical strapline which which suggests that, rather than gone sailing, Kalbfell might have been scooped by another marque, as M! (in my opinion correctly) suggests.

Wonder if this saga would delay the new launches...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wonder if he's involved in the group rumored to be putting together a bid for Aston Maartin?

If he left on his own I can't say I blame him. Maserati's really seem to have lost the thread.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
quite possibly. i dont think LVMH will just let their coporate fashion CEO run aston martin. at least kalbfell now has credentials in running RR USA and Maserati.

·
Registered
28 Posts
DeaneG said:
Maserati Unexpectedly Announces New CEO
Filed Under: Auto News, Euro, Maserati September 22nd, 2006 4:52 PM
Karl-Heinz Kalbfell is out at Maserati. The automaker’s parent company, Fiat, announced today that Roberto Ronchi will take Kalbfell’s place as CEO of the Italian exotic. According to Automotive News, the change was unexpected, as the automaker was setting up interviews with Kalbfell for the Paris show next week.

Ronchi has been with Fiat since 2002, working first as Maserati’s commercial director, then moving on to tackle other marketing tasks within the company.

Ronchi joined Fiat in 2002 as commercial director for Maserati before assuming additional responsibilities for marketing, the company said in a statement.

The transition takes effect immediately.
Wow, pretty interesting. Could you possibly put up the link where you found this out? Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just look at the news section in the official Maserati site ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
masermartin said:
Wow, pretty interesting. Could you possibly put up the link where you found this out? Thanks.
I think I grabbed it off windingroad.com, a pretty good enthusiast e-magazine - I should have listed the origin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts