Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just browsing the official maserati.com site and found they have a certified pre-owned program now, as well as a pre-owned inventory listing for US cars now.

most US cars there are 2006's...........

just go to http://www.maserati.com and click on inventory.

"Maserati Trident Discoveries Certified Pre-Owned is a one-year service available for only the very best pre-owned Trident vehicles.

In order to receive the same kind of assistance normally reserved for new cars, pre-owned Maseratis must satisfy a whole range of strict requirements, including more than 120 rigorous technical checks, ensuring that every vehicle covered by Maserati Trident Discoveries Certified Pre-Owned is indeed of the highest standard.

The Maseratis qualifying for Trident Discoveries Certified Pre-Owned are the 3200 GT and the Quattroporte Evoluzione, both of which must be no more than five years old with mileage not exceeding 80,000 km, and the 4200 Coupé and Spyder models, both of which must be no more than five years old with mileage not exceeding 90,000 km.

For further information on the Maserati Trident Discoveries programme, please contact your local Maserati dealer."

·
Registered
660 Posts
M!

Just by chance (because I have some issues on -guess- the clutch of my 4200) I had a long chat today with Factory people here in the UK. After properly dealing with the issue that I had to sort-out, I took the chance to ask them about the new Trident used-car programme.

Basically, nothing has been added (or taken away) from previous policy on pre-delivery checks and guarantee on used cars purchased thorugh the official dealership. It is basically a re-branding exercise. It just reinstates the usual points about buying from the dealership ring. Possibly the only add-on is on cover if something breaks-down soon after you have taken delivery (< 1 month) which, until now, pretty much depends on the car having any "original warranty period" left on the book.

Anyway, if you consider to buy used but target for lowest possible price, check that at least you have some months worth of the official (factory) warranty (nothing less than 3 months) to ensure enough cover and stand the "normal wear and tear" argumentative line. There are extended warranty packs here in the UK (covering labour costs, ECU, etc.) but not underwritten by Maserati.

At least here in the UK Maserati is quite helpful and considerate, even sometimes over-turning dealer calls on servicing (who picks the invoice, that is).

Ed

·
Registered
773 Posts
warrenty

i am sure we in usa could use uk phone # for factory rep. even though we are so far away, maybe just maybe some one in your country would be willing to HELP anythin g is worth a try, since employes here will not return a call, or am i ---in the wind

·
Registered
660 Posts
bundas said:
i am sure we in usa could use uk phone # for factory rep. even though we are so far away, maybe just maybe some one in your country would be willing to HELP anythin g is worth a try, since employes here will not return a call, or am i ---in the wind
You could always have a go, but doubt you would go any mileage. Reps have been established to deal with country-specific issues related to dealers and cars registered in those countries (otherwise they would be handling all calls back in Modena). That MNA provides CRAP servicing I think needs a good bunch of you guys to give a coordinated shout at Maserati Italia, saying what is going wrong and how that is affecting your ownership experience. Don't think here in the UK things run smooth as silk, but we have several instances (incl. the Maserati Owners Club) which provide some layers of protection (given their relationship with Factory).

There is nothing worse than bad publicity from existing owners, so you should try to make some effort to get Factory to hear you. Then, it is justice to say that all this depends on how many people (relative to the customer base of MNA throughout the US) are being subject to what seems no attention whatsoever by MNA.

I do believe, however, that irrespective of numbers each and every US Maserati owner deserves the highest possible level of care from MNA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts