Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Over the weekend noticed some scratches on the underside of the rear bumper. No idea how and when i got those. There are about half a dozen lines about 4-5 inches long. They are only visible when i go over a slope and the rear lifts up, otherwise not at all visible from the back.
So, can i just cover those with some touchup paint? What places/stores do you recommend for this paint?
I looked at some onlines stores, but none of them had a maserati listed in their car/make list. I have a 06 Grigio Alfieri GS.

-MG

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi everyone,
What places/stores do you recommend for this paint?
I looked at some onlines stores, but none of them had a maserati listed in their car/make list. I have a 06 Grigio Alfieri GS.
-MG
I bought some good touch-up paint a while back from this web site:
http://www.paintscratch.com/
(they do list your coloUr - under 2005 Maserati)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just an FYI, most times you touch up matallic paint, the metallic flecks sink to the bottom of the scratch leaving you with a dark spot of touch up paint that does not quite match the rest of the car. If the scratches can be sprayed that is a better option except for the overspray issue. If the scratches are not visible from a normal viewing of the car, I am not sure I would be so quick to fix it. I have pics of my azzuro argentina touch ups that were done by "professionals" and they are very visible, especially when the car is clean.

Just my $.02

PC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts