1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,887 Posts

·
5,887 Posts
I thought everyone might be interested in this story:

"Maserati to be crushed under Cash for Clunkers program..."

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/08/14/delozier.maserati.cash.KUSA
The Biturbo section of Maseratilife would probably be more interested. I'm sure lots of them would like some or all of the parts.

sad..............at least its not a Grandsport!
I sincerely hope you intentionally misspelled "Grandsport"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Poor guy/seller is getting his a$$ whipped in the comments....

·
Registered
321 Posts
I thought everyone might be interested in this story:

"Maserati to be crushed under Cash for Clunkers program..."

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/08/14/delozier.maserati.cash.KUSA
This is crazy, there are so many total junked out, rusty Biturbos out there looking much worse, this one looks like new and is really low mileage, it did not deserve this fate.

The bodyshell would be an excellent basis for a fuel injection engine transplant, all the problems originate from the unreliable carburetor engine, with a late-model 2.8 injected it could become a great starter classic.

I wonder if in the cash-4-clunkers program the whole car must be crushed, or if the rolling chassis (minus engine) could be legally saved?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I wonder if in the cash-4-clunkers program the whole car must be crushed, or if the rolling chassis (minus engine) could be legally saved?
it's got to be crushed. seems to me it doesn't have much intrinsic value if no one will step up and pay more than $3500. there was a local news story here that someone is crushing a '79 chevy impala with a 250 ci, i6 with 115 hp. damn.

·
Registered
321 Posts
it's got to be crushed. seems to me it doesn't have much intrinsic value if no one will step up and pay more than $3500. there was a local news story here that someone is crushing a '79 chevy impala with a 250 ci, i6 with 115 hp. damn.
An engine-less Biturbo rolling chassis is worth no more than $1500, I agree with that. But sometimes there are decisions that must be made to preserve the heritage of a marque - and to donate a pristine chassis for a better cause would have been a far better solution, unless the owner was really that desperate to get the extra $2K.

I know someone in Chicago who has no less than three Biturbos in various states of decomposition - one has fire damage in the engine bay, another one is completely rusted out and the third has serious accident damage - given that from these three donor cars there is at least one 2.8 injected engine in full working order, it could have been an easy project to recover the rolling chassis from this '85 car which is now sadly going to be destroyed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts