Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Maserati is actually building mid engined sports car! It’s about time, past due but better late than never.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right, surprisingly that didn’t cross my mind. Maserati did say awhile back they will be going all electric and with reports saying Ferrari won’t be supplying any more engines I think it’s likely it will be electric.

3,092 Posts
I don't know one person that actually wants an electric car, but they are kinda being pushed down people's throat...Think how it is gonna reshape the entire automotive industry...No need for Fram air filters...sorry Mr Fram...Brake pad industry....Performance parts....motor oil...etc...I will out of the industry before they really settle in hopefully....Just my 2 cents...Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
they miss used a Porsche spyshot photo?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya reminds me of porsche and Alfa Romeo 4c. I wouldn’t be a buyer if it was electric. Even if someone was looking forward to an electric vehicle I think it’s best to wait for that technology to get even better and more advanced. It always does in short time frame.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Looks like a wide body 2005 Porsche Boxter to me. I need to build one of those kit cars out of the classified section of a 1979 Motor Trend magazine, then wrap it in disguising checkerboard and drive it around the Ferrari headquarters. I can't wait to see the paparazzi photos and hear the critics' reaction to the "Italian-bred" VW sound.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Looks like a wide body 2005 Porsche Boxter to me. I need to build one of those kit cars out of the classified section of a 1979 Motor Trend magazine, then wrap it in disguising checkerboard and drive it around the Ferrari headquarters. I can't wait to see the paparazzi photos and hear the critics' reaction to the "Italian-bred" VW sound.
Sorry, I didn't get it ; why "drive it around the Ferrari headquarters" - does this car have anything to do with Ferrari? My understanding, so far, is that it is a genuine attempt by Maserati to get back to the GT/sportscars domain.No involvement from Ferrari whatsoever as far as I know.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Some people in other forums suggest this model is related to the recently halted Alfa Romeo 8C project. It could of course also be seen as a distant "Alfa Romeo 4C derivative" (a model that has actually been manufactured by Maserati in Modena), but larger, more potent, and significantly more advanced technologically.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Sorry, I didn't get it ; why "drive it around the Ferrari headquarters" - does this car have anything to do with Ferrari? My understanding, so far, is that it is a genuine attempt by Maserati to get back to the GT/sportscars domain.No involvement from Ferrari whatsoever as far as I know.
You're right - you didn't get it lol. I meant any headquarters, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, etc. It would be funny to drive a sleek camo-wrapped kit car and see the media's reaction as they camp out looking for suspected concept cars and future models taken on the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts