Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just in St Moritz Switzerland to attend the above mentioned course.
Besides the usual brake and avoid, salom, and doughnuts we also got to drive thru the Berinna Pass.
At the end of the day, it was an open session where we were allowed to mess around an outlined "track". It was fun!!! We are all now drift kings in the snow. The course was conducted on an iced lake.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
What kind of tires were on the cars?

We just got rid of a bunch of snow/ice here in Washington, and it was all I could do just to pull my car out of the garage and move it to the other side of the garage. Every time I touched the accelerator the tires would spin, the back end would fishtail, etc...

Obviously my original tires weren't made for snow/ice! ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looks like a blast, maybe us Texans can do something similair in a Wal-Mart parking lot! Haha..

·
Registered
909 Posts
leadfoot - you won't see wheel hop at all on ice \ snow, and only occasionally on tar with good grip. I don't spin wheels on these enough to know how common it is or isn't but I've only experienced it a couple of times in the Masers.

Its much more common in higher power solid axle RWD cars, especially if they've got real low profile tires.

·
Registered
173 Posts
MVP said:
Looks like a blast, maybe us Texans can do something similair in a Wal-Mart parking lot! Haha..
I just did play around in really big parking lot. It is a blast. You should try too but be careful with the light pole in walmart:) . Last year, I encounter unexpect snow with summer tires. I almost could not control anything even in flat parking lot. Now my tires is snow tires, Dunlop M2. With the ESP/normal mode. The car never spin. But when I put in sport mode,in 1st gear, I could spin out easy(i think that there is too much power to manage). In 2nd gear, the sport mode could keep up and avoid the spin. All is done in slow speed below 40mph. When turning all ESP off, it is a blast to drive, drifting,spinning...u name it. I am pretty much have more confident driving in the snow now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glenn Wallace said:
How/where do you sign up for that? I didn't see it on the European Master Maserati page?
Thats a good question.. It was by special invitation. There was no sign up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M! said:
nice. looks like fun.
how does it compare to the regular course?

the lamborghini winter driving course seemed interesting too. they used to list them as a 3 day (more like 2 day) course. now, it is only 4 hours of track time. kind of bull XXXX for $2500.
http://www.lamborghiniacademy.com/Driving_Programs.aspx?academy=100&course=106
As i was sponsored guest I didn't have to pay. However, if I had to pay? I wouldn't recommend it. The regular Master Maserati GT course is so much more better. I guess u can say.. u get what u pay for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts