Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK first off let me start by saying I love my 06 GS. It is everything I wanted(maybe more hp would be nice). I just brought the car in for clutch slippage(previous thread). No prob, they can fix it. I ask for a loaner and none available. However I get 30 dollars a day for a rental WOW, REALLY!! a whole 30 dollars. So let me get this straight I pay 115k for a car(i paid sticker oops!) and get to drive away in a neon. That sounds fair right? (are you F#%&ing kidding me!) My 645 gets everything paid for including brake pads and I get a car at all times. And the worst I get is a 545i for FREE. And get this, the new M6 with Almost the same transmission as ours (not really it actually sucks) but the clutch is also covered under the no maintenance contract.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i feel your pain.

maserati is nowhere near as huge as BMW, i'll admit BMW has great service... my dealer (maserati of Silicon Valley) will drive you home after you drop your car off:
in a Black Lincoln town car (limo) it has a wall street journal or a USA Today with some bottled water.... i get home in 5-10 mins. and i drive one of my other cars...
so my point is that it's not really a maserati isuue maybe it's the dealer????

cheers

drive safe

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like your dealer is about to go bust.

I had my breakpads, gearbox, front suspension all changed under 3y warranty. The dealer didn't give me a loaner, but as the car wasn't drivable with the rear break disk broken, it was flatbedded to the dealer and under the Maserati assistance, I could rent anything with less than 2 liter engine for 7 days.

Change dealer!

- Toffe

·
Registered
53 Posts
The dealer decides what the loaners are!

It is up to every dealer to decide what they give for a service loaner. Many dealers around us including BMW and Mercedes give Tauruses and Grand Ams for loaner cars.
On the other hand, every person that buys a new Maserati from us has the option to either drive a pre-owned Maserati or one of our SUVS (Range Rovers, X5s or Mercedes 4matics). Most of the time someone can pick up or drop off your car from service also.

·
Registered
824 Posts
gransport13 said:
OK first off let me start by saying I love my 06 GS. It is everything I wanted(maybe more hp would be nice). I just brought the car in for clutch slippage(previous thread). No prob, they can fix it. I ask for a loaner and none available. However I get 30 dollars a day for a rental WOW, REALLY!! a whole 30 dollars. So let me get this straight I pay 115k for a car(i paid sticker oops!) and get to drive away in a neon. That sounds fair right? (are you F#%&ing kidding me!) My 645 gets everything paid for including brake pads and I get a car at all times. And the worst I get is a 545i for FREE. And get this, the new M6 with Almost the same transmission as ours (not really it actually sucks) but the clutch is also covered under the no maintenance contract.
welcome to the club :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
both my mercedes and bmw gave me 'quality rentals' with AMG and //M car ownership.
It would infuriate other customers with base cars.
Here I am this 20something kid with tattoos and weird hair getting brand new SL500's, New 5 series as loaners. no charge

Both those dealers at Stevens Creek in San Jose Ca loan out cars based on the cars you own, by appointment only. In emergency cases they always have cars on standby.

Maserati has it's pros and cons. but the drive is def, worth the hassle.

drive safe

·
Registered
722 Posts
MrTheKid said:
...Here I am this 20something kid with tattoos and weird hair getting brand new SL500's, New 5 series as loaners. no charge

Both those dealers at Stevens Creek in San Jose Ca loan out cars based on the cars you own, by appointment only
That explains a LOT! Stevens creek Merc drives me down the street to a Honda rental! I just have an ML430. I suppose I shouldn't have let them know what a piece of *&^%^ it's been! ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
MY BMW dealer SUCKS....Bought my coupe from a Lexus dealer. If I want a loaner when I bring the BMW in for service I need a reservation over 3 weeks ahead. thats BS.

but Lexus on the other hand.....

Talk about red carpet treatment. They have any loaner I want waiting with the keys in it when I arrive, a latte and muffin of my choice. They then take the car to Maserati for me.
I can stop by 7 days a week for a free car wash and hand wax if I like too.

There is never a shortage of loaners, even at last minute notice they will just pull a new GS460H and thats my loaner!

not to mention the extended warrenty they offer!

Robb

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well , after earlier trails and tribulations with my dealer - they have had a reshuffle of staff - my coupe went in for 20 k service monday (yesterday ) only get it back on wednesday - my loaner a (drum-roll) wait for it ..... a gransport ...... with under 1000 miles on the clock - :D

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I would hardly wish to build my marque around the BMW model if the M5 is any indication. The significant # of niddling issues surrounding the M5 makes our Maseratis look to have Lexus-like reliability...the two M5 owners I know have been around the block so many times with their dealers, I can't even comprehend their patience. One got a complete car swap from a 2006 to 2007, and the other ended up buying a "backup car" to deal with the inevitable time-in-the-shop, after hoping that the M5 would be comparable in reliability to his previous 5 series and 7 series Bimmers. Not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts