Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear madserati script. I mean is it a case of hot water/patience and dental floss? Or are there screws to worry about? I suppose the front nose badge has two tiny nuts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I'd say hot water and a credit card or dental floss as you say.

But don't mind me asking, why would you ever want to remove the Maserati script!

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Its not two screws actually, I had to replace mine after vandals tore it off.

The script has three big pins attached, and there are 3 rubber stoppers holding it on.

Open trunk, take the linking off the truck (you need to take those black things off... they need to be replaced afterwards... they are the cheapest maserati part though, at 5 -10 cents.)

next, look at the opening, use a flathead or something to pry off rubber stoppers :]

There will be three holes there though...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Its not two screws actually, I had to replace mine after vandals tore it off.

The script has three big pins attached, and there are 3 rubber stoppers holding it on.

Open trunk, take the linking off the truck (you need to take those black things off... they need to be replaced afterwards... they are the cheapest maserati part though, at 5 -10 cents.)

next, look at the opening, use a flathead or something to pry off rubber stoppers :]

There will be three holes there though...
Yep, I said screws but meant pins...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maserati script removal

Maseratiboy did you use any glue/3M tape on your new emblem-I mean do new badges come with some sort of adhesive backing?

Any thoughts about the front nose badge? I will have a look in a couple of days as am slightly under the weather and busy.

Why am I interested in knowing this? Am I to replace with with gold plated badges? Am I to replace them with pontiac badges? Am I crazy?

All will be revealed soon but in the meantime guys chime in with your thoughts.

PS No prizes for one who guess' right!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I figure you're looking to "shave" it..... remove all badges for that clean and sleek look. Let me know if I win the no prize.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Refinished in Nickel or Satin

·
Registered
552 Posts
Or maybe in RED?
No. Sorry! Well not many other options then? I promise to surprise you all!
Now I know, your having neon LED's installed incorporated into the badge so it glows at night !

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maserati script removal

I'm Not From New Jersey!

I'm Not From New Jersey!

I'm Not From New Jersey! :d

·
Registered
17 Posts
My guess is you are going to do a 1st class detail and wax job and need to get behind the script. Been wondering how to do that myself.

·
Registered
151 Posts
maserati script removal

You were in an accident and the trunk lid is going to be replaced with a used one, but the replacement lid does not have a script. The script on your car is not damaged and you do not want to purchase a new one.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope! Maybe I think that Maserati should pay me for advertising there brand?

NOPE! keep trying guys. Will divulge soon so bear with me!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear madserati script. I mean is it a case of hot water/patience and dental floss? Or are there screws to worry about? I suppose the front nose badge has two tiny nuts.

Thanks in advance.
your correct in your train of thought i'd clean your teeth with it first tho , it will get dirty after removing the badges, and just the one nut on the bonnet badge.

Regards loz

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm reviving this thread as I would really like to know the final answer:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts