Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this on eBay, and it sucks ass. i was expecting something so much better for the $300.00 + that i paid for it.

so i will give it for free so the guys that sold it to me can't keep ripping people off.

take care guys,

willie

i will post the link later ( i am uploading to my web server)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hey guys;

I PM'ed Willie about this, but in the meantime I want to post here as well.

Please do not distribute this file. I am at home, but I am sure I will be getting a call about this tomorrow. As just like any other company out there, Maserati will not be happy about someone selling (or even giving away) confidential information.

- Mark

Please email me directly if you have any questions.

[email protected]

·
Registered
824 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
Please do not distribute this file. I am at home, but I am sure I will be getting a call about this tomorrow. As just like any other company out there, Maserati will not be happy about someone selling (or even giving away) confidential information.
Yeah, I am surprised they haven't shut them down. There are also guys selling the hardware keys for the factory shop manual and parts CD's etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ja ja,

i feel like Napster and the recording industry is not happy about it. but if they just took some time and instead of getting all legal, actually fixed the problems with the dealer support, this wouldn't happen. people like me would not have to go online for an answer to tacking the car to the dealer.

i know that i am not the only one that has had one or two ridicules encounters with the service department. the ridicules prises, the inadequate service and the attitude.

i love Maserati, i have had two coupes now, and i can actually say that if Maserati NA talked to its customers and took action, I.E. extended warranty, better coverage, dealer customer service. we would not be having this conversation.

if any one has ever had a BMW you know what it feels like to not have to worry about the car service for 3-6 years. ( standard + extended warranty)

well,

this is my opinion and as a consumer i was sold this so i choose to give it away. but if Maserati want to go against a small consumer and make a big deal. bring it on baby, am sure the media will love a David and Goliath story.

now if you (mark) will be the one that has to deal with this, then i will change my tune. i really like your posts so i don't want to have to make more work for you.

-willie

p.s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=260015445859&ih=016&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

·
Registered
909 Posts
Willie \ guys;

Please understand that this is a slippery slope for me, because Maserati considers me an official source of information, and therefore I have to be careful with what I post.

I will talk to MNA tomorrow, and let them deal with it, but I just want to make sure things are on the up and up here. I certainly wouldn't want to see any issues between MNA and a great community forum like this.

While my personal beliefs may lean towards freedom of information, as a creator I have to also take side against someone profiting from stolen information. (which is unfortunately what this boils down to.)

I fully understand grievances with inadequate service departments, and I am always happy to help in any way that I can. But this is one instance where I am going to have to just give a heads up, and let MNA deal with it.

- Mark

PS. They are working on extended warranties. And I have to believe dealership service departments are certainly a high priority. Really they should be a higher priority for the dealerships, because service is what keeps people coming back in the first place. A customer might spend a day buying a car, but they'll be in for service every few months, and thats where you have to take care of them, or not only will they not come back, but they'll tell their friends not to, and they'll post on some web forum somewhere... ;)

And as far as the included maintenance that BMW has, I believe this was in response to Audi offering it on their cars, which they had to do after the terrible reputation they had for reliability and maintenance issues. This is a program that I believe Audi is phasing out, and it would surprise me if the others don't as well.

·
Registered
773 Posts
heads up! willie/dealer

first, willie thanks for waving a flag. second, mr. wonderful dealer! really, just how many on this site are going to use info to work on and or take income from dealers? come on think!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Bundas;

Like I said previously, Maserati considers me an official source of information, so my posts were in the interest of making sure that 1 - no one buys this, 2 - no one pisses off MNA.

I just want to make sure it doesn't turn into an issue for anyone here, and the people that are illegally selling it get dealt with appropriately. I've spoken with MNA, and I believe they are dealing with it. They haven't asked me to do anything here, and I don't anticipate having to do anything else with it.

I am certainly not trying to get anyone here in trouble, nor am I too concerned about my customers getting this and not visiting my service department.. I think we take good care of our customers, and provide many things that even a third party service department with a counterfeit book can't match.

Unless of course they keep an inventory of Maseratis to drive for their customers while their car is in service, offer pickup and delivery, have Maserati certified mechanics, the proper computer hardware, experience, and lightning fast turnaround... ;)

- Mark

·
Registered
835 Posts
Glenn Wallace said:
Note that this WSM and other Maserati tech bulletins are available at http://www.maseratitechinfo.com

Subscription is $100 per day, $350 per month, $3000 per year.

I would have to think you can download everything you need in one day.
the site contains nothing useful only tech bulletins. I spoke with someone responsible for the site a while back and was told the only reason the site exists is to satisfy US regulatory requirement.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What I would do if I were MNA:

1) Have legal issue a cease and desist order to the eBay scammer
2) Offer the eBay scammer a settlement whereby the scammer must pay MNA $2000.00 in lieu of being sued for illegal distribution of copyrighted material
3) Use the $2000.00 to pay legal fees, and to reimburse willie his $300.00 back
4) In return, willie agrees to delete all repair files and to stop hosting the file on a server

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maserati of minneapolis said:
nor am I too concerned about my customers getting this and not visiting my service department.. I think we take good care of our customers, and provide many things that even a third party service department with a counterfeit book can't match.

Unless of course they keep an inventory of Maseratis to drive for their customers while their car is in service, offer pickup and delivery, have Maserati certified mechanics, the proper computer hardware, experience, and lightning fast turnaround... ;)

- Mark

i must agree with mark about his dealer, they are really the only dealer i would take my car for service, i have seen there willingness to help first hand. but it is funny that out of all of the dealer in the country the only one that is even considering speaking with there customers on the Internet is mark's

this just shows what the other dealer are thinking. i would love to see mark talked to MNA and let them know about this forum and have a representative from MNA interact with us directly.

i hate to bring up BMW, but they have a team of people that are just dedicated to act as contacts in forums like this one . you can go to the roadfly BMW forum and see a representative always get involve if he need to and also create a case for that person on the spot.

i don't know if it helps or not but its something. i continue to say that i love Maserati's and even with all of this i would not have any other car. the passion and soul of this car is unique.

-willie

·
Registered
824 Posts
haha said:
the site contains nothing useful only tech bulletins. I spoke with someone responsible for the site a while back and was told the only reason the site exists is to satisfy US regulatory requirement.
Select M138 Coupe and you'll see the full Workshop Manual as posted above.

Yes, having access to service data is a regulatory requirement.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone from MNA will actually post on forums, but I do know they read them pretty regularly, as I've gotten calls regarding something I posted on the same day. I've mentioned having a little more leeway to release information here, help owners as a third party, and that sort of thing, but things are what they are I think.

While I certainly like the exclusivity of being the only real dealer that posts here, I think it would certainly benefit the community if more were active. Their loss I guess.

- Mark

·
Registered
635 Posts
Not sure where this discussion has gone since the last post.

But, as a follow-up, I noticed that the same guy is selling a bunch more of these Maserati manuals on eBay again:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/ferra...sooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ287096537QQsofpZ0

I called MNA today to ask them how their "subscriptions" work ( 1 day, 31 day and 365 days). I was told that the subscriptions are only viewable from their site after you pay for them, and for only the subscription time you pay for. They can't be downloaded to your individual PC. So, if you wanted to check on a certain part and get the Maserati part number, you'd have to buy the 1 day subscription, view the part you wanted, and the very next day the subscription would be gone.

I thought I would check this out, since I thought it would be nice to spend $100.00 and download everything to my PC to have "at the ready" in .pdf format, but looks like that is not possible.

Mark, do you have any follow-on information?

Mike

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
OK, I'm a 51 year old gear head so I don't get the fuss. As soon as I bought my new Viper I bought the repair manual. MNA should make the information available (for a fee). Face it, the 2002 coupes/spyders will soon be $30,000 high mile cars out of warranty; not new, fully covered $80,000 exotics. Once older and out of warranty I would have no problems changing a window regulator, starter motor or a blower resistor pack to save money. The manual is full of that type of info. If MNA wants this to be proprietary info, they have the right to do so but it's a little heavy handed IMHO. But then, what do I know? =)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
By the way, the manual goes into great detail with hints and kinks. The clutch replacement section is amazing. $4k to have the dealer do it seems almost cheap! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts