Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Let's me introduce our Quattroporte I of 1967.

This great car was bought by my grand father in 1967 and is still in the family !

It belongs to my father now.

So, only 760 were made. The engine is the 4.2 V8 which develops 260 horsepower. Top Speed : 238 km/h / 148 MPH.

The car is in excellent condition :

I don't have any other photos, but I'll try to take some photos the next time.

The seats are incredibly comfortable, the clutch is so hard that it could makes you have aches !
And the engine sound is just phenomenal...

Greetings from Paris,
Armen

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great car Armen, you're a very lucky fellow having access to such a machine at your age...I'm envious. For the car to stay in one family it's entire life is just incredible and long may it remain. Your Grandfather was obviously a man of great taste.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great car Armen, you're a very lucky fellow having access to such a machine at your age...I'm envious. For the car to stay in one family it's entire life is just incredible and long may it remain. Your Grandfather was obviously a man of great taste.
Thank you Coops.

I'm aware how lucky I am. As you said, my grand father (that I didn't even known...) had taste. In 1975 he bought a BMW 3.0 CSi that my father has still. (if you want photos let me know it).

We try to keep the car in excellent condition, besides, my father is going to give the car to a garage, there is a little problem with a carburetor.

I hope I'll be able to keep this car for ever. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
..........In 1975 he bought a BMW 3.0 CSi that my father has still. (if you want photos let me know it).
QUOTE]

Another beauty and one of my favourites. I particularly like them in that light metallic green colour.
And carburettors? they're a constant source of joy, aren't they? They're like boobs; once you start fiddling you just can't leave them alone. I've really got to have an expert take a look at mine.

My carburettors I mean! ;)

Enjoy the forum and keep posting.

Andy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks KandyRedCoi

Coops > I'm going to send you some photos of the 3.0 CSi in a private message.

Concerning the carburettors (i didn't know there were two -t), as you said, it's a problem. There is always something wrong with them.
I've appreciated your joke, very nice. ;) :D

As soon as the car will be able to ride, I'll do a photoshoot.

;)

PS : my website, don't forget to check out "Séances photo privées"...

http://armenphotos.free.fr/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all,

I haven't talked about it but now that I came back on the forum, I'd like to bring some precisions about our Quattroporte. :D

Our Quattroporte I (chassis 1092) is indeed the fist Quattroporte ever made !

In november 1963, the Quattroporte is shown at the Turin Show. Well, it was our car which was there at this moment.
In 1963, Maserati produced only 1 Quattroporte, the chassis 1092 : ours.

The thing is, in 1967, our car has been turned into a Serie II version, so with the new lights, the new interior and the new suspensions (a bit like 599 GTB's owner who want to turn them into a HGTE version).

So our car is really the first Quattroporte, and the only one of 1963.

:cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi there,

Just a quick message... we sold the car in 2010.
In fact, it turned out that it was not the prototype.
There was a mistake in a Maserati book.
The very first prototype was chassis 1072 and not 1092.
So it was a pure 1967 car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts