Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm not very technical when it comes to cars so I am looking for a little advice. I own a 2004 maserati quattroporte, My abs light has started coming on. It doesn't always come on just every now and again.
Does each wheel have an abs sensor or is there just the one sensor. Sorry if this is a daft question.
Kind regards

·
Registered
327 Posts
Each wheel (err... hub) has a sensor to detect the rotational speed of the wheel. Just one has to go haywire to mess things up. Not sure if that helps, as it could be something else, like a controller or????

Hans.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Start with the easy stuff. Make sure tire pressures are correct, as these can affect the ABS system. Then hook up a code reader.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
How does the does the tire pressure affect the ABS system? Maybe you shouldn't post inaccurate information constantly? You are the same fella that posted that the key needed to be on for a trunk release to work. regards.....Jason

·
Registered
144 Posts
The effect is small, but it exists. The ABS system controls the level of wheel spin during braking and also plays a role in stability control as well as traction control. If a tire pressure is low enough, the circumference of the tire is fractionally reduced and the computer can detect this as wheel slippage. Under some circumstances the computer cannot interpret correctly what is going on and throws an ABS error. Once I had a car where one of the front tires was low and as I went around the corner ABS came on full force. This was resolved simply by correcting the tire pressure. In any case, checking tire pressures if never a bad idea. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My abs light would come on a specially when cornering or after a hard drive, my left front tyre had a slow puncture so i would put air in every time i would use the car , stupid as i am i change the abs pump thought it was on the way out ?i tried to bleed the system then about ten times 🤬 ended up having to take car in to ferrari to program abs pump and bleed the sytem , found out i had a split in my front left rim , but at the time i thought that i also needed a new hub with built in abs sensor ,or a sky hook shock absorber, so-check your tyre pressures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts