Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have Maserati QP V S 4.7 which is US spec and am trying to get it registered here in Finland but i am not able to find "VIN bar code plate" which should tell inspector details about safety regulations etc.

I already found emission sticker under bonnet and it is ok, now i only need axle masses and confirmation of safety equipment and that information is said to be found on that plate somewhere on the car.

What kind of plate i am looking for and from where? Any pics of similar vehicle?

best regards from Finland!

·
Registered
93 Posts
american vin plates are usually on the very top front of dash on left corner. readable thru the windshield.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that VIN sticker in the back of the drivers door is what mine is missing, VIN code through the windscreen is visible. Info stickers also found on door jam.

Any pics of the sticker behind the door?

sticker/plate what i am looking for is something like this (did not find any Maserati ones on Google, so this is Porsche):

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! That one is exactly what i was looking for. Even has spare parts number on the corner =) That was very helpful!

·
Registered
93 Posts
so I chatted with Scuderia and they suggest going thru dealer? I spoke to Maserati of Scottsdale in AZ and they have no idea and mas parts desk is closed until further notice. id like to get mine replaced also so if you figure it out, let me know. Maybe better to call Scuderia direct? or Ricambi?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made an order to Scuderia Car Parts via email and this is ok now, waiting for delivery which can take a while now if coming from Italy like i suppose it is :) I let them know my VIN number and they quoted all the stickers available on my car. Really fast service, highly recommend!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I understand that they found you a decal based on your VIN #, but it will still be a generic decal without your vehicles specific info on it, no? I assume the authorities are looking for a conformity decal with your VIN and manufacture date on it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Disregard, spoke to scuderia and they said they sent vin# with order. I'm doing mine now too. just ordering some other decals to make it worth the shipping....;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, exactly what i did also. Will replace all the stickers at the same time :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Disregard, spoke to scuderia and they said they sent vin# with order. I'm doing mine now too. just ordering some other decals to make it worth the shipping....;)
Did you get the sticker? Scuderia informed me yesterday that they can not sell one and canceled the deal :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, so it is the same situation with you also apparently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts