Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been following quite a few topics here and also tried to find a solution but never really found what i have been looking for....

I own a 2011 QP S and want to upgrade the exhaust to the GTS version (it just sounds way better).

I stumbled across the larini systems which look fine BUT Larini doesnt have an homologation / E certificate for those exhaust systems (i am from Austria / Europe) - which can lead to making the car not road legal. The Maserati one has an homologation..... also i would like to keep it as stock Maserati as possible.

Now my question is if only the rear exhaust system (mufflers) differ on the GTS / S or if the center section also is different?

Will it be sufficient just to upgrade the rear portion with the mufflers and valve system to the one from the GTS?

I know that the S has no valves and that there needs to be a walkaround done to have the valve system work with the standard S setup as well as the Sports button inside the car....

Is there a walkthrough to do that?

Thanks

Fred

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I want to say your center resonators are the same so you'll only need to change the rear mufflers...As far as the vacuum system for the valves, there is a way around that...Formula Dynamics has a kit with everything you need...It uses a key fob to switch the modes...I don't think you'll be able to tie it in into your sport mode for the suspension etc. very easily..You'll need the fob and the button.....Jason

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi there
I own a 2009 QP(S) - buy the larini X-pipe (gives you awesome crackles), and get the larini valved exhaust. Car sounds like a beast (better than GTS).

happy the past 3 yrs!!!
David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts