Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help me. The u-joint axle rod broke inside the the main central differential. Is there any way of taking it out?
As you can see, it is a clean break inside.
I have attached another picture to show the rod looks like and that goes inside the differential.

4,008 Posts
Oh boy, all that looks like a good time...I'm confused the first part you showed looked like an axle shaft...The part you are showing sheared off looks like a pinion flange..Do you have a pic of the other part that is broken off?.. Jason

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh boy, all that looks like a good time...I'm confused the first part you showed looked like an axle shaft...The part you are showing sheared off looks like a pinion flange..Do you have a pic of the other part that is broken off?.. Jason
Yes, attached is the other end that connects to the drive shaft. As you can see it broke right off leaving the rest inside the differential.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got this picture of the central deferential off the internet from a Q3 and I noticed there is a cover on the back of it. If I would remove this cover do you think I can hit the snapped off part out from the inside?

4,008 Posts
You can hit it all you want..All you have there is a door stop...That being said check with some other guys that know these cars better than me..That diff. is pretty similar to a Jaguar..There is a Dana and a Salisbury...That looks like a Salisbury unit...Best I can do man.....Jason

4,008 Posts
No worries...I just remembered ...The dana unit has no drain plug at the bottom....The output shafts look different than a Jaguar... I know a place that rebuilds them in house...They can probably combine what you have left, and a Jag unit and get you going...You are gonna need to know the final drive ratio as your pinion gear is toast...Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts